Tuning 16v strut brace

Currently reading:
Tuning 16v strut brace

I know this has been brought up before but I've been reading through loads of old posts and looking at lots of pics and found no real answer.

What strut brace are people running on 16v 'centos that run the Mk1 Punto manifold?

I know the "wonky" mpi Seicento brace fits but does the spi brace fit?

Am I right in saying this is the OMP spi brace??

1383704_10151648061485388_1068408837_n.jpg

I'm going to be trial fitting my omp spi brace (same as in pic) onto my ongoing 16v build this week, but i'm lead to believe that the spi brace needs modified (well, the underside needs hammered up/squashed) to fit past the manifold from a mk1, otherwise it's a no go.

I'll let you know how it goes and get pics :) just by guessing without trying yet, i don't think it's far away from fitting as it is to be honest, and from memory, i've seen a pic of an spi brace on a 1.2 16v with the mk1 manifold and it didn't need that much squashed away to give decent clearance, so he's probably right in saying it just cleared as it was, but as always, proof is in trying it!

I'll let you know how it goes and get pics :) just by guessing without trying yet, i don't think it's far away from fitting as it is to be honest, and from memory, i've seen a pic of an spi brace on a 1.2 16v with the mk1 manifold and it didn't need that much squashed away to give decent clearance, so he's probably right in saying it just cleared as it was, but as always, proof is in trying it!

Am sure Center painter got a SPI brace fitted!

How did you get on??

How did you get on??

Not had the chance to do it yet, my 16v build's being a pain with hard to track down mounting bolts etc and i'm finding all manner of other issues along the way so it's only got the bottom end and gearbox (sort of) in, but not mounted up right to even really test how it sits properly.

Sorry, hadn't forgotten and will get around to it!

Got broken up and taken away as far I'm aware,think it got clamped for no tax and parts taken off of it before it got scrapped :(

Back