Technical 16v cilinderhead on an Punto 75 engine

Currently reading:
Technical 16v cilinderhead on an Punto 75 engine

I was wondering,

can a 16v cilinderhead be mounted onto a punt 75 engine.
Do the inlet and outlet still fit?

Does it change anything to the injection?

If I think about it I think the injection can stay the same as the volume of the cilinder stay the same.
There only open two valves so more mixture can flow into it faster.

How is the timing with the cambelt?
The markers are in the smae place?

I hope someone has an answer.

Also I'm planning to put on a turbo later this year.
I thought 16v is better the 8v.

What is your current engine? MPI or SPI?

If it's SPI then there will be a fiar bit of re-wiring to do, simplete solution would be to get the donor cars 16v ECU and loom, and inlet manifold.

To be fair if your going through that much effort you may aswell swap the whole engine and have a much more reliable setup with a higher standard output.

I'm assuming your going by what I mentioned in purf's thread?

Thanks

the main difference between the 16v and 8v engine is the head, the block is very similar (but not the same). It is easier to buy an engine as a whole than just the head normally.

What car do you have?

The 16v head is large, and doesnt leave much space for a turbo at the front.

DSC_0797.JPG

VS

DSC_5912-Edit.jpg

Neither the 8v inlet manifold or exhaust manifold will fit it.

The 16v head will phyiscally fit, but no-one is too sure about weather the oil lines and waterways will be correct. I think no. But for the hassle, you may as well just fit the whole 16v engine - the bottom end is strong, and you'll have the correct pistons already in there.

Thats why I mentioned in purf's thread about using a set of custom forged pistons that aren't as dished as the 16v ones but have the recess's for the valves.

There's not alot of apce in there but turbo on the 16v engine has been done (granted it wasn't the tidiest of jobs). I think if I did that I would move quite alot of stuff around for best position.

Thanks

I've got a punto 75 engine that go's into my cinq after the rust under the windshield has been fixed.
So i a couple of weeks.

I leave the 16v head as it to big.

The engine I have has a lot of cool on the pistons and valves.
What is the best way to remove it without damaging the enige?
I tried break cleaner but it did'nt go off.

take your head off and take it to your local headshop, get it acid dipped with new stem seals, and guides fitted. It should get off all the carbon off. While they have it see if they will polish the valves up, maybe look into getting angles done too.

Thanks

Thats why I mentioned in purf's thread about using a set of custom forged pistons that aren't as dished as the 16v ones but have the recess's for the valves.

Hmm custom forged pistons

one set of pistons for the price of 4 16V engines and 2 decomp plates, if you have this amount of money to blow on a Cento it's time to buy a better base car

I've got a punto 75 engine that go's into my cinq after the rust under the windshield has been fixed.
So i a couple of weeks.

I leave the 16v head as it to big.

The engine I have has a lot of cool on the pistons and valves.
What is the best way to remove it without damaging the enige?
I tried break cleaner but it did'nt go off.

i've used redex injector cleaner in the past, but i also run fuel with detergents in it (shell v power) so often i dont have a lot of crap built up in the engine.

Back