16" and Lowered Advice

• Thread starter JoNaS@CruisinUK
  • Start date

Currently reading:
16" and Lowered Advice

J

JoNaS@CruisinUK

Hiya Guys

If I put my bravo on 16's what tyres and lowering options would I be looking at ??

ta

Matt

Re: 16&quote; and Lowered Advice

I'd go for 17's but thats my thoughts.

You can go down to 50mm drop before you have to roll the arches. Most people go for 35 - 40mm. I have 40mm cos i dont think 35 looks much different to normal.

:)

Mr Al.

Re: Re: 16&quote; and Lowered Advice

I'm tempted by 17's I just think without a kit it makes the car look high

with a 40mil drop I dunno tho :S

choices choices eh?

One more thing, removing my badges, boiling water poured on them and prise them off gently ? How easy is it ? just don't want to damage any paint.

ta

Matt

Re: Re: Re: 16&quote; and Lowered Advice

I think you would be disappointed with not going for 17's.... a lot of people think 16's then go for 17's (Me included) :)
Yer once you drop it 40mm the gap will be gone... will look good.

As for removing badges you just need to use boiling water or a hair dryer lol. They come off easy.

:)

Mr Al.

Very easy mate...just get plenty of boiling water (Watch your hands!)...and use a something to prise them off, a plastic spatular is ideal to make sure you don't scratch the paintwork...

Depending on your car colour, you may need a bit of t-cut to match the colour a bit better if your original paintwork has faded slightly...

Daz

Re: Re: Re: Re: 16&quote; and Lowered Advice

sorry to crash the post but if you left the 15's on and lowered it by 40mm would it look crap???

Speersy

16" + 35mm drop:

P6020001.jpg

anyone got a pic with 16's and 40mm drop.
I've got 16's and I'm dropping it 40mm at the end of the month, jst want an idea that's all. cheers!

never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

Re: Re: 16&quote; and Lowered Advice

Peter Slo,

What brand is your springs and shock absorber?

Thanks,

Absorbers are stock, springs are FK Automotive (http://www.fk-automotive.de/)... They are produced by the same factory as Eibach, bud they cost half price...

peter

ps: sorry for rusty english... :D