15 minutes of fame

Currently reading:
15 minutes of fame

Has anyone been on TV? I was on an episode of Kilroy back in 2001, it was about adoption. I was adopted at 2 years old. My youngest son was on Teletubbies when he was 4, it was arranged by the headteacher at his school whose son was in the production team. It still gets aired now much to his embarrassment and I get calls from friends now and them telling me he is on TV.

I went to New York with school in 2004 and everyone was on good morning america!
We where there over valentines day and it was arranged that on the day we would get free coffee and doughnuts if we all stood in a group and when they went to an ad break we had to look at the camera and shout happy valentines day. haha

Annd ive been filmed for my job to encourage young people to get a job in healthcare and its supposed to be getting shown in schools across the area

I hate cameras of all varieties however I've been caught out a few times

In 2002 I was on Richard and July at a car show, I was in the background last year on some bbc3 program and in march this year me and my partner had an argument with an itv new reporter for filming us without asking permission at a trauma training day, despite this we still appeared in the background of her news report.

In 2010 I was interviewed on BBC local radio after I did the photography for the university's student naked Calendar

When I was about 14 I was on look north news program for raising around £30,000 for a skatepark in our village. :) Wish I could raise it again! Haha! :yum:

I was on BBC look east on the day of the royal wedding, because they came and filmed the street party held in the high street of my town :D i was quite drunk in that as well :eek:

Then before that, i was on look east again when they filmed a local music festival that i helped to run, you can see me on the back of the stage :)

me and mrs jip0 was recorded at Disney world florida last month they said it was gonna be used in advertisements. Dunno if it has or will be used :shrug:

I've been interviewed several times on an Arabic sports channel whilst attending football matches in Qatar. I was interviewed once at a cup final, and I really did have 15 minutes of fame, at the parade after the match, people kept pointing at me and smiling :eek:

I've also been interviewed for another Arabic channel when I was watching some drag racing. I never got to see it air but a few of my friends from school at the time did.

The only time I've ever been on TV in the UK as far as I know was when they were making a programme about the Fast Show 2011 at Santa Pod, and I'm stuck in the traffic queue to leave :p

On the radio and national tv a few times... Mostly small appearances!

Most famous was the time I appeared with the 2 ladies from corrie, got in the paper and on the tv the following monday! (y)

Second time you've bragged about that on this forum. You're lucky we don't live in the same country.. :tosser:

Crimewatch. Im not saying which episode :p

thats you number 8 isnt it terry?

2.JPG

Last edited:
Second time you've bragged about that on this forum. You're lucky we don't live in the same country.. :tosser:

You see, with an attitude like that I'm not surprised they came over here for a good time... :devil:

I have appeared with other tv people but they'd be well known here. Not something to be shouting about!

I was caught by a camera on a Look North report on Grimsby trying to promote sea food...I was about 7 and was on camera for a whopping 3 seconds, if that.

A few years later, my Sea Cadet Unit had a boat donated. It came from a lady who offered it to anyone who might use it on Yorkshire TV News. One of the cadets saw it, her mum called them up. First thing I knew about it was a Yorkshire TV crew turning up with a boat.

I was interviewed (as one of the senior cadets there)...unfortunately the cameraman was 5ft-nothing and I'm about 6'2"...the only thing I remember about that was the rather good shot of up my nose...

Back