Technical 14" alloys on a mk1 punto

Currently reading:
Technical 14" alloys on a mk1 punto

garlicbread22

firstly this is my first car so i know nothing basically (y)

i got some 14" alloys from my dads mazda mx5 and i was wondering if i could just do a straight swap with my 13" tyres on my mk1 5dr 60SX punto?

can i just unbolt the 13" old ones and bolt on these 14"alloys, which have got tyres on btw!

ok well it turns out they dont.
they dont fit on the mounting plates for the wheel (if thats what there called) so how can i get them too fit and would it cost much?

which bit didnt fit?

the mx5 alloys have a PCD of 4x100, so would need wobbly bolts to fit properly

the bore is smaller then the puntos tho, so that might be restricting it :chin:

here comes my lack of knowledge!
is the bore the circular thing the sticks out and slots into the tyres at the centre?
is that all i would need doing?
n how would it effect the steering n performance since they are a bigger and thicker tyre?

well, itll accelerate slower, top speed should be a microt higher, but it should grip more around corners

depending on how big these tryes are (how big are the by the way?) it should ride a bit better too

the alloys are 185/60/R14

and the ones i got on at the mo are 165/65/R13 if you didnt know

so you dont think it would make my ride worst then?

TBH....I think the best option would be to get alloys that fit the punto.

Getting the centre bore of the mazda alloys is viable....but a pain in the butt....and after that the alloys wouldn't go back onto a mazda without spigot rings.

and i wouldnt even bother putting 14s on a punto unless they are dished and your slamming the car for a euro look otherwise they look tiny n rubbish, i bought mine with 14s on and they look to small, i'm putting them up for sale soon, I'm sure sum 1 with a chinq or a seicento will have them cos theyd look the part on 1na them

true enuf urs looked nice enuf like but your car is lowered, it needs lowered at least 60mm tho doesnt it for them to look ok? my wheels are dark aswell so they look smaller i think:bang:

well we got some new ones for the mazda so that aint a problem
and i would like to get some new ones but i really dont have the money

so how much would it cost to get the bores fit and where could you get it done?

and how hard is it to lower the car and how much would that cost about?

To be honest with you, it would probably cost about as much as a set of cheap 14/15 inch Punto alloys off ebay to get the conversion work done for the Mazda wheels. Is it really worth all the hassle? Bare in mind if you dont like the look, it is a lot harder to convert backwards!!

If money is a problem you could always offset the cost a little by selling the Mazda wheels? I took a quick look and to give you an idea of prices take a look here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/fiat-punto-gt...87QQihZ018QQcategoryZ9888QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
well if it would cost too much then i wouldnt bother
what sort of place would be able to do it?
because it would save the bother of going to collect them

and im pretty sure i will like the look cos there quite simple 5 spoke ones iv seen before on puntos and they dont need to be changed back.

true enuf urs looked nice enuf like but your car is lowered, it needs lowered at least 60mm tho doesnt it for them to look ok? my wheels are dark aswell so they look smaller i think:bang:

true, my car needs lowered more at the front, and they arent the best of wheels ever anyways. 15s or 16s are always best. 14s look awful on a punto with low profile tyres on tho, even slammed.
you really need to get some new ones... the ones you have would suit a cinq down to the ground :p hope theyre still in mint condition.

sorry guys for hijacking your thread :)

so where and what sort of place could i get the centre bore drilled to fit my punto?

i thought i might aswell get a quote of how much it would be

Back