Technical 1301 engines

Currently reading:
Technical 1301 engines

130JTD

Hi, hope i can get a bit of advice, the 1301cc engine in my 89 Mk1 Uno 70SX is shot, the only other 1301cc unit i've been able to track down locally is in a rusty 88 Lancia Delta 1.3LX, can anyone confirm that this would be a straight swap?

Cheers
Pete

Hi, hope i can get a bit of advice, the 1301cc engine in my 89 Mk1 Uno 70SX is shot, the only other 1301cc unit i've been able to track down locally is in a rusty 88 Lancia Delta 1.3LX, can anyone confirm that this would be a straight swap?

Cheers
Pete

Yes, I'm almost certain this is exactly the same engine.

You can also find the 1301cc engine in:

Fiat X1/9
Fiat 128
Fiat Regatta
Fiat 127 (1300GT)
Fiat Strada
Fiat Mirafiori

and possibly (not certain on this) there is the Lancia Y10 GTie with a 1300 engine though it's fuel injected.

You can also fit the 1372 engine from the mk2 Uno. Plus you can also fit the 1500 X1/9/ Regatta/ Delta engine and the Tipo 1600 engine if you fancy a little power upgrade. The bigger engines might need a larger clutch and the 1500/ 1600 exhaust manifold but other than that they should swap straight in (y)

Do you have any pictures of your mk1 Uno SX? Please post some if you do! They are rare cars now (I missed out on two this year :mad:) but really nice if you can find a good one.

Thanks for the response, thats got me thinking about dropping something in with a bit more power. Would it be possible to use a fiat twin cam engine?

Pete

Thanks for the response, thats got me thinking about dropping something in with a bit more power. Would it be possible to use a fiat twin cam engine?

Pete

It has been done but is not a straight swap. The 1500 and 1600 sohc engines will drop straight in. A twin cam will require fabricated mounts/ exhausts/ wiring etc. and possibly gearbox/ driveshaft modifications.

I'd stick to the bigger SOHC engine for peace of mind (y)

Back