128 128 3Ps

Currently reading:
128 128 3Ps

mjaz101

After reading peoples' requests I have finally got some pictures up(with a little help)

Michaels%20128%203p%20a.jpg

The GOOD one
Michaels%20128%203p.jpg

The not so good one (is for sale with all parts for restoration!)
Michaels%20128%203p%20b.jpg

The Fleet[^]

Mike

128 3p 1300
128 3P 1500
Tipo 16v 3dr

I love that backend!

Front is kewl....very nice!!

Tom (AofB)

Snapped exhaust flexipipe becoming GrpN ASAP!

Originally posted by Bushboy
lovely! reminds me of an MK1 golf actually.

looks great tho

What? Are you mad? I don't know much about Mk1 Golfs (I don't want to know much about them) but the 128 3p was introduced in 1975. Wasn't this before the Mk1 Golf? Or at least around the same time.

They really are beautiful cars. The blue one looks mint.

<h5>Click here for pictures of my Uno
Click here for pictures of my Brava

Yup, very nice, can see where the inspiration for the seperate lights on the Brava came from!

Lovely Sprint Blue Stilo - And no money to mod it!

Cheers guys.

Yup the 3P was out in '75, i think the golf mk1 didn't arrive till '76. As far as i'm aware the 3P was the first front wheel driven car with a true hatchback!

The blue car is about to get a new fast road 1500 engine. It'll have uprated suspension and hopefully get some stripes like the Berlinetta Specials.

I would be interested to see what anyone could create in Photoshop!

128 3p 1300
128 3P 1500
Tipo 16v 3dr

oh......... the wheels on the blue car are Strada 105TC, They should be painted black with silver rims, but they are going to change to Lancia Beta alloys as on the red car.

128 3p 1300
128 3P 1500
Tipo 16v 3dr

love the rear, not a fan of the front. might be nice if the headlights were different tho :D

(yeah, i'll mod anything)

- - Donz - -

The 128 3P was a fantastic motor, beatiful and quick for a 1.3, it had the 1300 GT engine in it, what a screamer, peak power arrived at 7200rpm.

My mate had one of these in the late 80s, it was the top of the range model with all the original sport graphics, ooh it was lovely!

It was a bit nicer looking than the ones pictured above (no offense mate) but this was the top end of the 128 3P, so I know how good they can look. All you've got to do is find some original photos of a 128 in it's fully specced state and restore one of your guys to that condition, I'll tell you what you'll have a real head-turner!

Oh, if anyone is interested 3P means Tre Porte, which of course is three doors.

Cheers
TC.

FIAT Stilo Sport. Pretty Much Bog Standard Really. Rear Roof Spoiler,
Sill Protectors, Aluminium Foot Pedals, Eibach 30mm Drop Springs.

yup it is an abarth badge - it deserved it as when the car was on the road it had a 1500cc engine running twin 40 Webber carbs!

The 127, as far as i'm aware was only available as a 2 door in the 1st series.

The 3P has a 1290cc SOHC engine with a twin choke webber 32 carb as standard since the first 128 Coupes introduced in 1972. The 1300 GT engine in the 127 is 1301cc and came much later.

The blue car has just come off the road after 18 months as my student transport. It is looking a little worse-for-wear at the moment but is going to get a new engine, uprated suspension and paintjob soon. It will then be more of a looker. The last 3Ps had 'zebra' stripes and were called Berlinetta Specials. Other than the graphics/paint there were no other modifications made to the spec.

I'll get some pictures up when it goes back on the road in full war paint, but is not likely to be before the summer!

128 3p 1300
128 3P 1500
Tipo 16v 3dr

Back