Technical 1242 turbo (info needed)

Currently reading:
Technical 1242 turbo (info needed)

EUROSPIN

Hello guys. Starting out a 1242cc FIRE 8V turbo project. First time ever doing this job. I really like this forum because there are many technical topics, and i have read some topics from polish and uk users that made this conversion, but i have many doubts in my mind and i need to set it "fog clear". I came from Italy. My goals and parts used will be these:

-Walbro GSS fuel pump from Punto GT , i found these fuel pump "no-brand" off ebay and they are significantly cheaper (and updated) than original ones. Did you suggest to use them?

-440cc universal injectors available from internet

-Speeduino fully programmable ecu , some people suggest me to use ecu and wiring from DELTA HF or COUPE turbo , but they are very expensive and rare to find. I don't want to mess around with 8 fuel injectors or things like this.

-A friend of mine can do the exhaust headers (custom)

-Small intercooler from junkyard parts

-I have TD025 from 1.6 diesel and a KP35 from 1.4 diesel , what you suggest to use? I know VNT turbo aren't good for gassers

But what comes very hard is the head/internals parts. I know that 1242cc can hold up very well until certain boost/hp.

What you suggest to use?

I know some Polish users fit decompression plate and two mls gasket. Can i use normal HG's? I read that 1.4 HG's are thicker. What are the tightening torque ? I will mess up the distribution belt ? I need to use longer bolts, and if yes, which?

Someone uses 16V piston and rods but they will lower too much the CR (below 8:1) and i think it's not good for low end torque and off boost engine response.

Someother machines the piston crown by 1-2mm to lower the cr, but I don't know how bad it will affects the piston durability.

Regarding conrods, i think shot peening should be enough to get a bit more strength to hold the boost

I found out that SPESSO RACING is making HG's with separate rings in 1.9mm (but also 2.5 and 3.0mm). Someone know the CR values for every thickness ?

Can i run 1BAR boost with stock piston / rods ? I know that i need to go around 8.5:1 CR to have the best perfomance.

How is your experience? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Fabrizio

Last edited:
Back