Technical 1242 engine

Currently reading:
Technical 1242 engine

Just wind the allen screw down on the pressure regulator inside the throttle body.

Wouldn't bother doing it unless you're running serious power as you might just end up confuddling the ecu if it can't wind the injector duration back enough for idle speed..

Erm...dunno, personally Id wanna hook it up to some diagnostic software (ECU spits out an unbelieveable amount of data) and twiddle stuff, monitor everything and generally have a play until it all works together....

Mr Brown said:
I have now got enought cash together for the 1242 engine swap for the cinq, I now need to know if any body can recommend a garage in west/south yorkshire that could do the swap for me. I also want the head porting and cam replacing and t/b from trickler. I would like to find somewhere that would do it as a job lot if you know what I mean (y)

just to get back on topic a bit (poor lads turned it into a techi thread!! lol)

polis the head your self mate!!!! honestly its not that hard to do and if your worried get one off a scrappy all they do is sit with a dremmel for a day removing the carbon and any rough edges, think last months practical performance had a big DIY bit on head and port polishing

as for a garage if your able id recomend Paxtons in wrexham its a bit of a treck for you but you WONT be dissapointed they love cars and share your passion dont look at it from a "why do you want to do that" more a "that will be fun!" point of view!! (y) (y)

mase said:
get it chipped as well, mckrich's chip is well good apperently, and keeps the imobilser for £50.

First of all.. there is one going on eBay at the moment but the seller states if you use it regularly.. leave it in to work full time, that you need to replace the immobiliser !! ??

gralegrrrrr said:
just to get back on topic a bit (poor lads turned it into a techi thread!! lol)

polis the head your self mate!!!! honestly its not that hard to do and if your worried get one off a scrappy all they do is sit with a dremmel for a day removing the carbon and any rough edges, think last months practical performance had a big DIY bit on head and port polishing

as for a garage if your able id recomend Paxtons in wrexham its a bit of a treck for you but you WONT be dissapointed they love cars and share your passion dont look at it from a "why do you want to do that" more a "that will be fun!" point of view!! (y) (y)

Hi

Well said! (y)

I did my cylinder head and inlet manifold from the 1242 engine myself and I have 115 Nm (102 Nm) and about 75 Hp (60 Hp) with a 268 cam from Colombo & Bariani.

It took me a weekend to polish the inside of the cylinder head and inlet manifold. Remember to match the inlet manifold to the ports in the cylinder head - you can use the gasket to calculate where to remove the material inside the inlet manifold and cylinder head to do the match

Good luck! ;)

Tricker...

PS. Regarding my last quote: my calculate with the injector is with 1.5 bar fuel pressure not 2.5 - my mistake :eek:

Back