General 1200 miles in a week!!!!

Currently reading:
General 1200 miles in a week!!!!

Alex B

well ive just returned from a week in scotland, the panda carried me and my girlfriend + luggage over 1200 miles in the week weve been there and did'nt let us down once. not that i didnt have faith in the old beast. just goes to show what a great little car they are and it was even fine on the motorway only took me 7 hours to do 400 miles. i really am a happy bunny lol :D

they are surprisingly robust, myself and a spanish bloke bought one for 200 notes in Wolverhampton because it was cheaper than flying in 1993... it was the twin cylinder one (i should know what model that is)... drove it to Granada then I went home by plane. he stayed drove to Poland returned to granada, sold the car to a german friend... who drove to Morocco for supplies, then back to sunny germany for a holiday then back to Spain... sold it to someone else... who then drove it to somewhere else... bullet proof motor...:worship: if only it hadn't had a hole in the fuel tank so you could only put a fivers worth in at a time.

Tony M said:
they are surprisingly robust, myself and a spanish bloke bought one for 200 notes in Wolverhampton because it was cheaper than flying in 1993... it was the twin cylinder one (i should know what model that is)... drove it to Granada then I went home by plane. he stayed drove to Poland returned to granada, sold the car to a german friend... who drove to Morocco for supplies, then back to sunny germany for a holiday then back to Spain... sold it to someone else... who then drove it to somewhere else... bullet proof motor...:worship: if only it hadn't had a hole in the fuel tank so you could only put a fivers worth in at a time.

was it air cooled like a fiat 500? i remember some earlier pandas had the same engines as the 126's and 500's.

Giacosa said:
Hey how does your girl friend take to Panda motoring Is it :D or :mad:

my girlfriend loves it, the reclining seat come in very handy ;) but no really they are a great little motor she loves the sun roofs :D

Alex B said:
was it air cooled like a fiat 500? i remember some earlier pandas had the same engines as the 126's and 500's.
don't know what it was cooled by... but it did the job in the south of Spain so whatever it was worked well... I think it had an 'S' on the back... i have a very old pic somewhere around.

Last time I tryed that in a Panda the brake pedal sank to the floor trying to find a 'private spot'. Just not meant to be :shakehead

:d

pandas-mating.jpg

here's a picture of my Mk1 panda.. maybe it's a mark2... B or something.

Attachments

• panda_in_granada.jpg
    panda_in_granada.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 58
Back