Technical 105 JTD Diesel Leak - Solution Here

Currently reading:
Technical 105 JTD Diesel Leak - Solution Here

For a while now whenever the car has been filled up I have noticed a puddle on the drive first thing in the morning which I have discovered is Diesel. Last time it did this I took the case straight to the garage but they could find anything. This time when the car was filled up I noticed it dripping so I marked the spot and burned round to the garage again.

After a short investigation they discovered the hose that is secured on the top of the tank and goes to the bottom of the tank has worn away on the suspension and is now leaking.

A replacement part is ~£10+VAT and fingers crossed it is not a really bad job as lucky Fiat did something right. Under the carpet at the back of the boot there is a small hatch you can take the cover off and see through here the pipe on the top of the tank and route + where it is snagged. I should be possible to undo the fixing on the tank and route the new tube (plastic) without much hassle. I HOPE.

Part no. 46512928 for my Marea Weekend 105 JTD w(2000) and I know other models years share this part.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

(y)

Back