General 100HP Wheel Paint Colour

Currently reading:
General 100HP Wheel Paint Colour

Trefor

OK, I know they are silver. Does anyone know specifically which silver?

My other half has now managed to damage 3 of my wheels, and I've decided to have a go at repairing them myself with a bit of filler. It really can't be that hard! One wheel needs filling a smidge, two may just need sanding down.

I just need to get the right colour silver to match. I could paint the whole wheel of course, but I'm not going to be taking the tyres off so a local paint job is best.

Any ideas?

Nip into Halfrauds and get some Rover 'Silver Leaf' touch up paint. It might not be spot on, but it's a good starting point and seems a pretty good match for most silver wheels.

I tried some silver Fiat paint from Halfords and it was useless. The can didn't even spray properly and it wasn't a good match anyway. I took my wheel to a local paint mixing place and they gave me three silvers to match up, and two of the were very close. They charged a lot of money for the paint, but I didn't have much choice.

I've attached a picture of the repair I did. As you can see, it's not a great match.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 38
Wow, that is a big difference - almost grey to the original wheel's silver colour. I'll choose the brightest silver I can find (Rover Silver Leaf maybe).

Back