General 100HP Test Drive - first impressions

Currently reading:
General 100HP Test Drive - first impressions

Booked my test drive for Saturday 28th December for the 100hp. It has 6k miles on a 07 plate. Cant wait to give it a go. (y)

Well I had my test drive and I have to say I am upset, I love the look, the handling was amazing but way way to harsh for me. Thats the Panda off he list then! It really does pay to take a test drive. I am gutted.

Fair enough.......good luck with your search.

How did the HP's 'harsh' ride compare with the Cinq's?

sorry to hear you were disappointed - it was the same for me, but i found the ride to be fine and was a lack of power that took the 100hp off my list.

as you say, it really really does pay to take a test drive! good luck with finding a replacement

Well I had my test drive and I have to say I am upset, I love the look, the handling was amazing but way way to harsh for me. Thats the Panda off he list then! It really does pay to take a test drive. I am gutted.

Just my opinion but :

Either the cars are setup very differantly or the roads in Bournmeounth are better than every where else, which i cant believe, as i honestly dont think the ride is that bad.
We also have a 2.0 zetec focus which has 'sports' suspension and the ride comfort is very similar on both cars. Yes the ride is a bit crashy but thats half the fun. I just love the way both my cars handle. In a time where there are camera's everywhere you can have have fun without doing stupid speeds. I am a 39 ex brickie with a knackard back and it does'nt annoy it at all which is a massive bonus as well.

Fair enough.......good luck with your search.

How did the HP's 'harsh' ride compare with the Cinq's?

Scott - The Cinqs ride wass ok ish, a little crashy and the Panda is better than that its just the Panda is a lot of money compared to a Cinq!

I dont have the Cinq anymore as I now have a MK2 Punto (had it 4 years) and a 1.4 Active Sport GP.

The Panda is to replace the Punto. Whilst at the dealers I had a test drive in the GP Sporting 1.9 multijet one. That was it for me I have made up my mind and the GP Sporting is the replacement. As stated earlier I have a GP but its mainly used by the wife but you just cant compare the 1.9 diesel to the one I have. I love the 1.4 GP but the 1.9 was far far better. It had power, comfort, economy and the spec I was after. I just have to save a little longer now as the GP is a little more.

Last edited:
Scott - The Cinqs ride wass ok ish, a little crashy and the Panda is better than that its just the Panda is a lot of money compared to a Cinq!

I dont have the Cinq anymore as I now have a MK2 Punto (had it 4 years) and a 1.4 Active Sport GP.

The Panda is to replace the Punto. Whilst at the dealers I had a test drive in the GP Sporting 1.9 multijet one. That was it for me I have made up my mind and the GP Sporting is the replacement. As stated earlier I have a GP but its mainly used by the wife but you just cant compare the 1.9 diesel to the one I have. I love the 1.4 GP but the 1.9 was far far better. It had power, comfort, economy and the spec I was after. I just have to save a little longer now as the GP is a little more.

save a little more, and go for the punto abarth when it arrives in a few months - it'll wipe the floor with the 1.9 diesel :)

I'm lost. You're looking at a sporty model and don't like a sporty ride?

You are right, I should not have bothered full stop. I had been warned in an earlier thread that if you live near and have to go over loads of speed humps then the 100hp is not the wisest of choices. In total I have to go over 18 to get to work and back :eek: so I need to consider either moving LOL or a less harsher ride. I still think the Panda is a great and focused car, I just know it is not for me.

36 speed bumps each and every day would probably make me wanna buy a 2CV instead of a 100HP :eek:

Back