General 100hp enjoyed so far but has been tampered with previous owners...

Currently reading:
General 100hp enjoyed so far but has been tampered with previous owners...

:yeahthat:

My 2010 1.2 with oh so very nearly 100k on the clock has needed almost no parts (just a thermostat, battery & a couple of sets of front brakes; the suspension is all original); but then again, it's never been driven above 2500 rpm all its life.

I like looking after, but boy are you missing out on the best part of this fantastic engine by not extending it. It doesn't start giving until 3600rpm and its so smooth I really don't think 5000 hurts it at all. I sold moine on at 106000 and it was till as smooth and quiet as on day one. That car now butchered and messed up was in nearly perfect condition with a comprehensive service history when sold. It was sad to see it failed MOT with a long list of stupid maintenance related issues that no doubt have killed it off. Its one car I REALLY wish I had kept. Selling it was a massive mistake.

The exhaust manifold allows the engine to meet the fast warm up demands of today's emission rules but the pay-off is reduced performance and poorer fuel consumption.

I strongly suspect the tubular manifolds on eBay sold for the 1.2 16V would fit the 1.4. Those with integral catalyst will probably fail the mot, but a 4-2-1 with large underfloor cat would be clean and perform well.

They might be worth a punt for the cost of delivery. If it wont fit send it back.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-2-1-ST...371708&hash=item51eb4b2468:g:eToAAOSwj4RfLhXE

Insurance would need to know and a suitable cat will add to the cost.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back