Technical 100hp driveshaft seal leak?

Currently reading:
Technical 100hp driveshaft seal leak?

Just looked at an old diff

The oil seal should not be pushed all the way in it will hit the outer rotating edge of the roller bearing

It's not a big deal as it will just wear away a bit and it's not on the shaft sealing part and I doubt it would cause any problems

The strange thing is. The grease smeared to help insertion of the drive shaft should have helped to stop any weeping

They don't spin as fast as you expect even at 70mph

On a dry day I might be tempted to rap some kitchen towel and cable tie in place and see if it's coming in from the inside or outside of the seal.

Just looked at an old diff

The oil seal should not be pushed all the way in it will hit the outer rotating edge of the roller bearing

It's not a big deal as it will just wear away a bit and it's not on the shaft sealing part and I doubt it would cause any problems

The strange thing is. The grease smeared to help insertion of the drive shaft should have helped to stop any weeping

They don't spin as fast as you expect even at 70mph
View attachment 421939

On a dry day I might be tempted to rap some kitchen towel and cable tie in place and see if it's coming in from the inside or outside of the seal.
With how the driveshaft joint sits once inserted, you would never be able to tell if it's coming from the inside Or outside of the seal.

Tbh I have just left it. I will see if it settles in at all. It's better than it was originally, just not fully sorted.

Back