General 100HP breaks

Currently reading:
General 100HP breaks

grandemike

100HP brakes

does this car share its brakes with the grande punto's (sporting) and possibly other cars? i was just wodnering for when purchasing pands and discs. obviously not many parts are listed as being for the 1.4 16v panda.

Last edited:
Are they 257 mm dia and ventilated ? if so then thats the same as the stilo 1.2/4/6 front discs (y)

does this car share its breaks with the grande punto's (sporting) and possibly other cars? i was just wodnering for when purchasing pands and discs. obviously not many parts are listed as being for the 1.4 16v panda.

I believe it's the same as on the GP 1,4 16V (front: 257 x 22(or 20) mm ventilated discs - the rear brakes are not the same).
My front brakes was squealling as the GP 1,4 16V also has a tendency to do. And since Fiat has made new brake pads for the GP I got those fitted on my 100HP under guarantee. It didn't eliminated the squeal but it did help.

Good old fiat parts sharing thats another car then with the same disc ..punto hgt also has 257 x22mm vented front discs :)

yeh i sometimes get the squeel like my grande did. in reverse though often, and because of that it makes me think its the rears, but thats my terrible logic. what makes you think the rears are different? and does the 1.4 16v grande share its brakes with toher cars?

I believe it's the same as on the GP 1,4 16V (front: 257 x 22(or 20) mm ventilated discs - the rear brakes are not the same).
My front brakes was squealling as the GP 1,4 16V also has a tendency to do. And since Fiat has made new brake pads for the GP I got those fitted on my 100HP under guarantee. It didn't eliminated the squeal but it did help.

Are you very shure? mine has different front callipers i.c.t. grande punto's
I had the pads in my hand (the punto ones left and my pads right)
They are different!
On the dutch forum a lot of 100hp drivers had the same problem.
Nobody has the punto pads?!?
My dealer modified the pads by camfering them squealing is gone!
If it will come back due to wear it wil be done again under warranty.
So watch out!! disks could be the same but pads go into the calliper and for so this must be he same one!!

greetz Driveseis

Are you very shure? mine has different front callipers i.c.t. grande punto's
I had the pads in my hand (the punto ones left and my pads right)
They are different!
On the dutch forum a lot of 100hp drivers had the same problem.
Nobody has the punto pads?!?
My dealer modified the pads by camfering them squealing is gone!
If it will come back due to wear it wil be done again under warranty.
So watch out!! disks could be the same but pads go into the calliper and for so this must be he same one!!

greetz Driveseis

All I can say is that my dealer used the kit made for the GP to cure the brake squeal as one wasn't made for the Panda (at least that's what they told me) and I watched the mechaninc change the pads so I definetaley got new pads on, and the brake pads fitted without problems.

Hi there

I changed my brake discs within the first week of owning my 100hp and i based my brakes on punto 1.8 hgt, and they fit fine. but i also pretty sure all 16v punto's mk2 onwards have these discs as base and the rear disc's are used on most of the fiat and alfa romeo range, hope the info helped.

panda brake discs are not the same as Grande Puntos, They are the wrong PCD for a start, as regards pads, they will be different too but im assuming the kit to cure squeal is just some shims or something that may work on all Fiat systems.

Back