Technical 1000cc water temperature gauge

Currently reading:
Technical 1000cc water temperature gauge

Hi,
I have a 1988 1000cc panda with 240k kms. I notice that the temperature gauge is marking between the 100 and 110. I have changed the water pump, thermostat and radiator. At 90 the fan comes in.
The bleeding from the radiator is done.
Just to add that I have eliminated the cabin radiator as it was faulty. I have connected the outflow manifold flow to the return of the radiator. Pls vide attached.
When I tried with an infrared temperature sensor, the temperature at the temperature gauge sensor marked 89 -
Could it be the sensor is Indicating incorrectly?
Thanks

Attachments

• 5BFA797F-79B9-45E7-92C4-4148EEF49853.jpeg
    5BFA797F-79B9-45E7-92C4-4148EEF49853.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
It's possible that without a cabin heater the water is flowing too quickly through the system and can't extract the head from the engine quick enough

Allthrough it's certainly worth changing the temperature sensor first

Thanks for yr reply..I shall replace it and see…the only way out is to block the pipe going to the cabin radiator. Thanks

It's possible that without a cabin heater the water is flowing too quickly through the system and can't extract the head from the engine quick enough

Allthrough it's certainly worth changing the temperature sensor first

Thanks for yr reply..I shall replace it and see…the only way out is to block the pipe going to the cabin radiator. Thanks

you can test the temperature sensor with a multimeter, pan of water and a thermometer rather than just buying a new one - resistance changes with temp, spec can be found in the haynes manual as to what the resistance should be at few different temps.

eliminating the heater matrix shouldnt cause high temps at all.

Another option could be the radiator isnt cooling as well as it should, could try a cooling system cleaner and then back flush the radiator, so run water in the bottom hose and out the top to try clear any debris out..

Another thought, when you have gone from the inlet manifold back to the lower rad hose, have you eliminated that bleed screw, you could just have an airlock... you could try getting a inline bleeder and making sure that piece of pipe comes up as high as the top of the head, into the bleeder, then back down to the lower rad hose connection to add a good bleeding point.

I have a similar issue with mine. I've got a new sensor and will try this next. If this doesn't cure the problem I will think about changing the radiator as the system is clean and airlock free.

I have a similar issue with mine. I've got a new sensor and will try this next. If this doesn't cure the problem I will think about changing the radiator as the system is clean and airlock free.
The temperature is standing round 100 in mine. I did the bleeder now, honestly I think it has improved a bit….but still runs at 100 with the fan in all the time.
I amin Malta and temperature is round 28…radiator and thermostat both new.
I am rather drawnback to change the temperature gauge as the engine has 240k kms…

Back