10 month bonus accelerator... Aaargh

Currently reading:
10 month bonus accelerator... Aaargh

That's the point, some insurers don't let you "buy" NCB which is as it should be, I don't understand why you should be able to buy NCB, if you have 3 years on accelerator and reality 2.5 years, you're only claim free for 2.5 years, not 3. This is the problem I assume some insurers have with the whole thing (even if they offer the service a la NU)

It wasn't supposed to be condesending, I am just trying to get across the fact that NCB is key to insurance and the accelerators are more a con than a service to people since as has been shown, it's a way of forcing you to be loyal in an industry which (10+ years ago) relied on the same customers staying with the same company for decades, which new methods such as the internet, a significant number of people change yearly (or more often!)

If you earned NCB through an accelerator scheme, it's on the customer's part to declare that when purchasing insurance since stating you have got 3 years NCB is incorrect if you only have 2.5 and the insurer doesn't consider accelerators, as was experienced by Koa.

I will have been insured for 7 months when I stop driving again this sept. (or thereabouts) I won't be able to get another 5 months then claim I have an extra year of NCB because it doesn't work like that either, unless I found an insurer which accepted it.

As I have said lots, it's all well and good for elephant or whoever to tell you it's ok and provide you with a NCB certificate but if your next insurer doesn't accept NCBs earned over less than 12 months, it's not worth the paper it's printed on. This is why they should be informing people and have done to me whenever I have investigated them.

Again, even if you did prove an insurer told you otherwise (etc.) they can't give you a full normal years bonus since it's intrinsic to insurance, it's impossible to extend without actually extending it through earning it.

And discusssion aside, today, whatever elephant has said or otherwise, it has been proven that it's not like how you're suggesting.

well we'll agree to disagree as were stealing the threads help part
fencing.gif

custard boy said:
well we'll agree to disagree as were stealing the threads help part
fencing.gif
Steal away (y)
I just skipped through what you have both been saying and i have to agree with both of you :D

Now bring out the :spam:

I missed this entire thread due to being at work then goign straight to bed last night but anyway. I'm on one of these bonus accelerators and haven't found too many problems when looking around for quotes, perhaps I will have when I come to actually providing the documentation but who knows. OK it does work out slightly more expensive now but hopefully in the future once I've built it up I will end up saving money, even if I stay with the same insurer. And having got quotes I'm cheaper staying where I am right now, the likes of NU don't like me anyway and quote stupid amounts so it's not like I'll be going there. Those who are cheapest seem to be those who offer a bonus accelerator anyway so are probably all tied together. However I wasn't informed that other insurance companies might not accept it but my common sense told me that anyway.

admiral accepted my 12 month NCB from CIS when i changed to there 10 month accelerator program, i cancelled after 4 months though as i was paying loads more and realised i was driving other vehicles un-insured :eek:

i went back to CIS and they kicked up a stink and wouldnt accept my 1 NCB saying that they wouldnt accept it as i was on a 10 month policy, although i earned it with them :confused: , it got sorted when i arranged insurance over the net and never mentioned admiral :D

Back