1 amp 2 subs?

Currently reading:
1 amp 2 subs?

Right i got a 200w 4 channel amp. Will it be ok if i bridged two channels, i have bridged one and it powers a 500w sub nicely for me :)
just checking to see if it would be ok to wire up another identical sub on channel C/D-3/4?
Thanks
Gav :rolleyes:(y)

I would have thought so - although I would think that you should have the subs in separate enclosures; ideally the subs need to see exactly the same power, gain etc if they are in the same enclosure, which really isn't possible without a scope.

i was going to have one sub on each side of the boot so make to indentical shaped enclosures and have a ps2 and monitor in the middle with a logo in the 'fake floor' lit by a neon under neath in the spare wheel well:

Attachments

• Mutant Install Uno boot.jpg
    Mutant Install Uno boot.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 16
Yeah you can do that mate. Just waiting for my 1500W Kenwoods and 1800W Mono Amp ;)
Danny B
What amp is that your getting, what RMS is it.

Uno Numero
What use is the screen in the back, do you have one in the front. I would only have a screen in the boot if you have the equiptment to show off at cruises which a couple of mutant subs just dont cut it.
Also you have to think how often am i going to stand at the boot of the car playing playstation or watching DVD's.
My advice is to put the Playstation up front then you have less trailing wires going through the car and get urself a monitor in the front. Then maybe after that consider putting a second in the boot if you think that it is going to be really worth it.
In my opinion you would get no respect for doing it how you wanted to but if you make it a bit more practical and give it a real purpose there will be no Nova-esq feel about it and you will be a lot more happy with your creation.

I would have thought so - although I would think that you should have the subs in separate enclosures; ideally the subs need to see exactly the same power, gain etc if they are in the same enclosure, which really isn't possible without a scope.

Hmm not quite right mate ;)
You could put as many subs in the same box as long as they have equal loading they should be fine :)

What amp is it your running?

Hmm not quite right mate ;)
You could put as many subs in the same box as long as they have equal loading they should be fine :)

Err...that's what I mean, unless you're thinking of equal port loadings (but we're talking sealed here AFAIK). A (essentially) 2 channel amp will not provide an indentical signal on both channels just by setting it by eye. You would need to get it on a scope to ensure the levels are equal for both channels. If the amp is scoped, then yes, running them in the same enclsoure should be fine.

Back