Technical 1.9TD exhaust manifold

Currently reading:
Technical 1.9TD exhaust manifold

arc

this is where i stand
Pondering here, no likely to fit..but does anyone know if the an exhaust manifold off a 1.9TD, or any of the turbo'd diesel engines actually would fit onto an 8v FIRE head. Even if the bolts don't line up, do the ports?

arc said:
Pondering here, no likely to fit..but does anyone know if the an exhaust manifold off a 1.9TD, or any of the turbo'd diesel engines actually would fit onto an 8v FIRE head. Even if the bolts don't line up, do the ports?

hmmm... i wonder y your askin all of a sudden? :chin: ;)

OP
OP
A

arc

this is where i stand
am tempted to just buy it anyway and see if it lines up.. it can't be that hard to make up a plate to adapt the bolt holes.

arc said:
am tempted to just buy it anyway and see if it lines up.. it can't be that hard to make up a plate to adapt the bolt holes.

thats a good point.... a machining shop should be able to make up a conversion plate, like those for hub conversions! :chin:

OP
OP
A

arc

this is where i stand
yeah, but only if the ports line up. Redirecting them would cost more, and loose power. Better off with the custom manifold instead.

CinqyAbarth

Drives A Red Cinq Abarth
going for the turbo ay? :p its 20 mins away from me... may bid just so i can have a turbo in the shed :p unless u defo want it and ill leave it for u..

Catseyes

Banned
A 1.3 multijet diesal manifold is a more likely one tbh as it is based on the fire engine your fitting it to, again dont know if it will line up with the ports though but your chances are better than the 1.9TD imo.

OP
OP
A

arc

this is where i stand
i suspect it'd cost more to buy one of them then get a manifold made for the turbo i already have.

one day i'll make my bloody mind up about what im doing!