Technical 1.9JTD Doblo Sticky Injector @157k miles?

Currently reading:
Technical 1.9JTD Doblo Sticky Injector @157k miles?

Rototype

Hi All,

My older Doblo (55 plate 2006 Active High Top ex WAV) has a slight issue when running, she runs rough - often with some loss of power - especially at low revs, although on startup she purrs like a kitten and at higher revs (2750+) is exceptionally smooth. When the revs go up then settle back to idle she turns in to a tractor.

When I got her she had a mis-fire butht at sorted itself out with some long runs and decent warming up before I drove off. I'm wondering if this initial misfire was a slightly dodgy injector that's now come towards the end of it's useable life?

Now for the main question - If I replace the injector do I need to take it to Fiat to get it recoded to the ECU? (or the local garage assuming they have the kit). I have read that some ECUs don't need to have them coded in but some do - mine's the 105HP model so I'm kind of hoping not as this will push up the price quite a bit.

Other than that if anyone can think of anything else this might be I'm all ears (preferably fixes that are a: reversable and b: not expensive).

Many Thanks
Rototype

The 2006, 105 HP injector should have a 9 character alpha/numeric code on the plastic head. Earlier versions were coded with either 1, 2 or 3 in a circle on the plastic head. Both versions should be coded into the engine management ECU with a program such as MultiECUscan (MES).

There's a register of forum members who have MES and may be willing to help you here: https://www.fiatforum.com/forums/multiecuscan-members-register.336/

Thanks for that Davren, I think I'll take the plunge with MES - my dad always said 'Never skimp on tooling' and I have a feeling this will be an investment.

Rototype

Back