punto2.jpg

Grande Punto 1.9 MultiJet Sporting

Introduction

Hi guys, got my first proper car recently, the car I've wanted for years and I've finally got it, and I'm so happy with it! 1 owner, mint condition, full fiat service history, been well looked after. I was pretty much definitely going to get it in orange, but I thought that would be a but 'loud' for me, and I think I made the right decision :)

So I thought I'd join this forum also.

punto2.jpg

My previous car, 2001 fiesta 1.2 petrol which I drove for nearly 3 years, to this is quite a jump. At first I was unsure about getting a diesel, but I have to say the torque on this thing is ridiculous, and now I'm used to I love it. The only small downside is the slight turbo lag, but that just may be because I'm driving it wrong.

Looking to get Abarth headlights but they're quite expensive, any cheaper alternatives? Also concerned about putting the wrong fuel in, anyone had any experience with Fuel Angel?
Hi, welcome to forum :)

Very nice car, best colour in my opinion ;)

You can Gt some Abarth Headlights Series 1 from Partsworld UK for £219 but if you use the discount code from Fiat Forum in trader posts, you get 10% off :)

Best place i could find when i bought mine, all other alternatives look cheap and nasty because they are :)

Hope this helps :)

Nice car mate, the diesel engine puts a good smile on your face doesn't it. cant imagine the improvement over the fiesta.

The turbo lag can be sorted no problem and u can get a lot more torque and acceleration with a simple tuning box like i have or a remap.

A lot of people will say dont bother with a tuning box off ebay but i have one and its awesome. It's a good improvement over standard if your still saving for the real thing.

And when i get on the computer ill post a link to some abarth style black headlights only £90 or so each.

Again, congrats on the car and treat it well and it will serve you well.

Richard...

'Posted via Windows Mobile'

I was looking at remaps/tuning boxes but just concerned about putting more stress on the car ie. going through clutches/gearboxes quicker. Is that an issue?

And yes it does put a smile on my face, when I'm driving it and when i'm outside admiring it! :D

obviously any kind of performance upgrade will cause some parts to fail prematurely. But on the other hand theres some people on here running approx 180-190 bhp on their multijets for years and not had an issue. Its just one of them things.

Iv just had my gearbox replaced at the cost of around 1700 and the mechanic said the clutch when worn can cause the gearbox internals to shake a little which is inevitably what knackered my gearbox as my clutch was sha**eg! Also had flywheel changed too for good measure. Just make sure that if your clutch is on its way out then replace it to avoid any sort of gearbox repairs as its EXPENSIVE! So your main focus shouldnt be solely on a remap or tuning box causing any issues

Back