1.9 Multijet oil change warning light

Currently reading:
1.9 Multijet oil change warning light

Donnylad

Hi All

I have just had my oil and filter changed on my recently purchased 2006 Croma Eleganza 1.9 Multijet 150 at my local garage as the "oil exhaust" warning light had come on.

However he has spent half an hour without success trying to find out how to reset the warning light as it is still coming on when the car is driven away.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks.

The oil service/change can ONLY be reset via suitable diagnostic kit.

Unlike other makes of cars there are no known manual procedures such as "depress brake pedal, press odometer reset button and turn ignition on whilst keeping everything pressed".

Any good independent garage worth their sort should be able to reset the oil service change on the Croma, assuming their equipment is up to date.

FiatECUScan (http://fiatecuscan.net/), which is slowly implementing many of the Fiat Examiner functions, can reset the both the Croma Service & Oil Change indicators. These functions are only available to registerted users in the later versions of the software. If you can find a copy of V1.6 then this free version will reset the oil change BUT NOT the service counter.

NOTE! You DO need to get this oil change reset done as soon as possible.

Until it is reset then the engine ECU will consider/treat your engine oil as being too old and worn out to sustain a Diesel Particulate Filter (DFP) regeneration process. If the DPF is not regenerated then it could become clogged beyond repair and a new DPF will be required. The DPF part cost is over £1000!

If you are anywhere near Southampton then I can/should be able reset the oil change for you.

Hi s130,
Can you help me. Do you know of anywhere i can download fiatecuscan v1.6 so i can reset my oil light...cheers

Back