General 1.9 multijet help

Currently reading:
General 1.9 multijet help

alexlacey

Hello all i am new to the forum so dont be to harsh ..... i am looking into buying a 1.9 multijet and i wanted to know what one is the best to gain most bhp as i will be tuning it someone told me they have the same engine as the astra 1.9 cdti 16v but i when i come to look on sales websites there is only the 8v so do they even make a 16v and if so whats better for tuning.

many thanks
Alex

I'm pretty sure it is just the 8v if you want tin 1.9... All sorts you can do if you just look around peoples posts. They take a remap really well from everything I've read. And that's what I'm considering. Also induction kits n all sorts available.

I'm pretty sure it is just the 8v if you want tin 1.9... All sorts you can do if you just look around peoples posts. They take a remap really well from everything I've read. And that's what I'm considering. Also induction kits n all sorts available.
yes i know all about the remmaping and the tuning side to things but just some websites are talking about 16v and it had me a little confused to say the least just wanted to know what was the best possible car to start with i am already looking at the 1.9 130 was just making sure that is the one to get :)

Mine is totally standard and it still pulls like a train! I was considering all sorts of cars and I made a good choice :) go for it! There is always the t jet obviously. Depends what you want. I'm not sure how they are for tuning.

Last edited:
Mine is totally standard and it still pulls like a train! I was considering all sorts of cars and I made a good choice :) go for it! There is always the t jet obviously. Depends what you want. I'm not sure how they are for tuning.
My friend has a t-jet and he has put the abarth turbo a fmic a full exhaust system a induction and remmap and his was running 185bhp i think but for me its the multijet as the insurance on a t-jet is more than i am willing to pay :)

Enjoy it man :) I think a lot of people on here are getting those sorts of figures with just a remap, diesels do tend to map well. Its the torque that is the best though :)

No such thing as a 16v 1.9 there all 8v. They do a 120 & 130 1.9 and obv the 130 is the better choice, with a map your be looking in the region of 165bhp to 185bhp from just a map depending on what you want obviously. Try to buy at least an 07 as the 06 tend to have more clutch problems when mapped. (not saying a map wont effect the wear on a clutch on any year). Mines running about 189 and has done for about 15K and still runs sweet and puts weird looks on modded saxo owners face when alls they see is smog :) I believe the engine is actually from an alfa 147 which standard run 150bhp but the punto is just a detuned version/restricted so if you get it mapped to 185 your only really increasing it by 35bhp ;). In conclusion to my essay the mjet is good for economy, power & costs. BUY IT, MAP IT, ENJOY IT

The 150 bhp versions used by Alfa, Vauxhall, Saab as well as in larger Fiats are 16v. the punto is a cheap car and so has the cheaper 8v head, albeit tuned up to 130bhp for the sporting.

Back