Technical 1.8 16v sporting stilo running issues

Currently reading:
Technical 1.8 16v sporting stilo running issues

Right so basically since doing the head gasket on my stilo 1.8 petrol it has developed what feels like a Miss fire when comeing up to lights or slowing down the revs drop and it nearly dies but soon recovers its self when idling it shakes the car a bit, but to drive it you can't feel any difference [emoji848] have replaced 2 coils to no sucess, no store or fault codes either [emoji848][emoji20] Any idea's??????

You don't use a timing mark on the crank pulley to time it up. You use a dti gauge down the cylinder to get top dead centre.
How did you time the cams up.??

I wouldn't normally suspect a timing issue but in this case I'd say it was worth a shot. I've seen the screwdriver technique in action and some people do use it.

The margin for error is greater with a screwdriver as nothing fixes it to the head, so there is possibility for some wiggle room and you've got no analogue readout to refer to, as you're doing line of sight only.

a DTI gauge is certainly going to be the more accurate way to go.

I am assuming you had the cam locks to secure the cams?

If you did it like this then you don't need to check it
Remove all spark plugs
Rotate engine to fit cam locks
Loosen both cam pulley bolts
Fit dti gauge in to plug hole
Move crank back and forth to get tdc
Tighten cam pulleys back up
Remove cam locks

Did you fix the problem?? i did a head gasket replacement also and having the exact same problem.

Sorry for getting this thread back, didnt want to create a new one for the same issue.

Back