Technical 1.6 Remap from Angel = Happy Days

Currently reading:
Technical 1.6 Remap from Angel = Happy Days

I have had my 1.6 Stilo Remaped by Nige at Angel tuning today and I am very happy with both the results and the service.

Nige turned up bang on time and remaped both my Stilo and my Mrs Punto.

Its been like a breath of fresh air driving the Yellow Wonder tonight,a bit more power all the way through the rev range and more torque when at lower revs.

Its given my car more punch from a standing start and made it feel a bit more lively.(y)

1.6 owners go get this done and set free those extra few horses hiding under the bonnet, you will notice the difference.:slayer:

When i got in touch with angel tuning about my 1.6 they said that a remap was unavailable for my car as it had a hybrid ECU. They been lying to me?

Definitely!

I have been bugging Nige at Angel since I purchased my Stilo in June 03, it's only in December 06 that they got the hardware capable of doing our beloved 1.6s, but now he's invested in the equipment, it means you guys can all have an extra 10-12% power gain for little outlay.

Give them a call...............................................

Angel Tuning don't do the 1.8. I emailed Nige.

Oh well there you go then :) I.m sure I can arrange it for you if you want it :)

Disclaimer - this poster is in no way intentionally intending to discredit any other person or tuning company that is mentioned in this thread. all my comments are my opinion Thankyou.:)

I am looking into other options, it's just that I am painfully busy at the moment, and Angel's base is less than a minute's drive from where I'm sat at the moment! Convenience all the way. I know people can come to you e.t.c. but my days are so full I can't guarantee any free time.

well I enquired about getting my 1.8 re-mapped and heres the reply i got from angel tuning last night

"Hi Andy

Sorry mate, but you have an Hitachi ECU with an MEP processor, it cannot be remapped, by anyone, period. If someone says they can, get it INDEPENDANTLY rolling roaded before and after and don't go by the tuning company's own rolling road as people with Stilo's have been conned by this before.

Nigel"

Personally, I don't believe it.

well I enquired about getting my 1.8 re-mapped and heres the reply i got from angel tuning last night

"Hi Andy

Sorry mate, but you have an Hitachi ECU with an MEP processor, it cannot be remapped, by anyone, period. If someone says they can, get it INDEPENDANTLY rolling roaded before and after and don't go by the tuning company's own rolling road as people with Stilo's have been conned by this before.

Nigel"

Personally, I don't believe it.

Why didn't you tell AngelTuning that you didn't believe it?

Back