General 1.6 multijet 120hp too much consumption and lag???

Currently reading:
General 1.6 multijet 120hp too much consumption and lag???

sfaxtis17

Hi guys! I'm a bit scared.. Lately I see an increase in average consumption.
My fear is bad injectors or a turbo problem maybe?!
On full throttle I feel a turbo lag until 1850~rpm and then boom.. Is that normal?
VNT turbos are supposed to response good at low rpm.
I replaced glow plugs recently..
Intake/throttle body, egr also cleaned 3-4 months ago.
I bought the car 6 months ago. Dpf check showed us a 33%.
My consuption is about 6.5l/100 in the summer but now is about 7.6-7.8l/100 in the winter. Is that normal?
Driving mostly in the city with lots of start/stops and a bit fast accelerations.
Urban is ok at 5.3l/100
No problem of idling or cold starts.
Reganerations every 200-300km.
I have not add yet any injector/pump/dpf cleaner, maybe should I?
148.000km total
Tyres 225/17/45 all weather
120hp full stock

On full throttle I feel a turbo lag until 1850~rpm and then boom.. Is that normal?
My consuption is about 6.5l/100 in the summer but now is about 7.6-7.8l/100 in the winter. Is that normal?
Driving mostly in the city with lots of start/stops and a bit fast accelerations.
Urban is ok at 5.3l/100
148.000km total
120hp full stock

Urban is ok at 5.3l/100
148.000km total
120hp full stock
Sorry, this site would not let me edit;

Hi, if you have not solved it yet, some pointers;

- Turbo lag is quite normal for this engine, also really depends on the fuel (Cetane number). When I use regular Diesel, the car feels weak, slow and laggy. When I use V-Power for example, it is a different animal. V-Power has some cleaning additives that will clean the injectors too.

- Perhaps the consumption is because the car wants to clean the DPF at highway speeds? It sounds like you rarely drive highway speeds? So if you’re not careful, you might clog your DPF. Again, tank higher cetane fuel, so there is almost no soot. Higher cetane means more efficient combustion and so less smoke and carbon.

- It is always ok to empty a can of Liqui Moly Diesel System Cleaner into your tank and fill it up and drive like 200-500KM in your fourth gear (if you have a 5 speed) or 5th gear (if you have a 6 speed).
Basically most diesel cleaners are kerosene (high cetane) with a few cleaning additives. When you use these, your car will feel like it will fly (like with V-Power Diesel). But the effect is temporary, it is just the higher cetane to burn the engine clean.

Say you already tried all this, it might be as simple as a dirty air filter, a dirty MAF sensor, a dirty boost pressure sensor, a bad exhaust pressure sensor or a bad O2 sensor. Most of these can be simply cleaned with MAF cleaner or Brake cleaner (MAF, Boost pressure, exhaust pressure). A dirty air filter needs to be replaced asap and a clogged O2 sensor also needs replacing.

Also, never try to save money on an air filter, 10% less air means 10% more fuel consumption. Hope this helps!

Back