X1/9 1.5 fiat x19

BikealotX19

I found my X19 in a scrap yard a few months back, this is how it looked:

Frontbetwqeenlights.jpg

Had to replace this pannel.

Image141.jpg

Paneled behind that and filled it.

passengerarch.jpg

Knocked it out and found more and more rot and had to panel behind that.

Image135.jpg

Last but not least the make shift roof from plastic sheet and a tire!

It had no roof and the inside of it was absolutely SOAKED! Luckily the floor was solid. I got hold of a roof for it and vacuumed out the water. I expected that none of the electrics worked but hey presto they did! Even down to the old blaupunkt tape player. As you're probably aware with these cars you try and knock rot out you end up loosing the entire car,but we did it, anti rusted it and because the paint was so damaged we sanded it down and filled small bits that didn't need paneling ready for its new paint.

Image132.jpg

Image133.jpg

Image134.jpg

Already looking better. And thats where i ran out of money and had to buy spray cans to paint it haha! Fear not, when i get the money its getting a proper job done on it, at the moment it looks like a car from mad max, but the paint protects the metal and so for now although its not perfect its looking and working a hell of allot better than it did.

DSC00989.jpg

Filled and primed.

DSC01027.jpg

Technical things that were wrong was that it was missing its clutch slave cylinder and because of that the clutch was seized.It was missing its header tank and we had a bit of a problem with the headlights staying up haha! After starting it a few times the starter died but we gained a new one of this forum and now its lovely ^_^ The car starts we just need a bit of help getiting the clutch free. Any ideas?

Oh yeah and its got a nice new stereo system and sub woofer in it now MUAHAHAHAH!

my god! that front panel and roof bar was spectacular!!! To fix the clutch first try a sh*t load of WD40 on the clutch arm and TAP NOT HIT with a hammer. If that doesn't work you'll need to pull the gearbox to free it. And it looks well now for a car that hasn't seen a bypass since 1997! :)

Last edited:
Sorry i'll use the fiat gallery next time i didn't know about it.

And to everyone else, glad you like my car, is got a new clutch on the way now, i unseized it but its FUBAR'd have to force it into gear and it sounds BAD!

Now all to do is, add clutch and geta better paint job woo!

Heres some up to date photos of how my cars goin!

As you can see that clutch was pretty damn seized and although it does now change gear (in a fashion) im replacing the clutch it dont sound healthy hahahah! Only £60 from ebay so not bad really!

I had it drive for the 1st time last week up the drive :D its making a bit of a worrying sound from around then engine, i think its the belts *fingers crossed* that or a bearing....always somit isnt there!

Last edited:
Back