Technical 1.4L timing belt replacement

Currently reading:
Technical 1.4L timing belt replacement

Your Alfa Workshop link post is far more relevant. Can't say if it is 100% equivalent to a 500X 1.4 engine cam belt and water pump change but I probably perfectly OK.

Point to note about MultiAir engines is that they have a vacuum pump mounted on the end of the camshaft/block to generate vacuum for the braking system. MultiAir engines do not create manifold vacuum negative pressures so a directly driven mechanical pump is used to create these negative/vacuum requirements.

Your Alfa Workshop link post is far more relevant. Can't say if it is 100% equivalent to a 500X 1.4 engine cam belt and water pump change but I probably perfectly OK.

Point to note about MultiAir engines is that they have a vacuum pump mounted on the end of the camshaft/block to generate vacuum for the braking system. MultiAir engines do not create manifold vacuum negative pressures so a directly driven mechanical pump is used to create these negative/vacuum requirements.

#s130, I'm not sure of the sequence of placing the cam lock tool and crank shaft lock tool

My repair manual shows that the cam lock tool should go on first.
I did this, but it is misaligned.
I haven't put the car in service position, my MultiECUscan isn't connecting for some reason. Does this matter?

20220319_cam.jpg

The DIY guide above shows to:
1) Rotate the crank driving gear to align the locating lug with the locating hole on the crank locking tool and bolt on the tool
and then
2) when you bolt on the cam locking tool the locating pin...should fit in place

Back