Technical 1.4L (2008) thermostat housing

Currently reading:
Technical 1.4L (2008) thermostat housing

Oz500

Similar to all the thermostat housing/heater supply hose fitting failure on the 1.2L Fiat 500’s,
today, the thermostat housing/heater supply hose fitting on my 2008 Fiat 500 1.4L decided to crack and start leaking coolant.

I am in Australia, and I anticipate that it may not be easy to find the correct part, because all my searches so far are returning results for the 1.2L motor.
Could someone please confirm for me, the part number for the correct part (to fit the 1.4L petrol motor)?
If it is the same part for another model of Fiat, as suggested on some websites, I would appreciate some confirmation. Not all websites are listing the same “also fits” makes & models, so I don’t trust enough to just order.

I also can’t figure out how to undo the clip on one of the connections to the thermostat housing. It looks/feels like it should pull off when I press the two sides (square “buttons”), but it’s not letting go. Is there a trick?

Ralf S.

If your looks like this. then the numbers it replaces (according to the listing) are;

55193669, 55250824, 55202176

It looks like it has a one-piece metal body (metal stub instead of the black plastic a lot of them have...) but apart from that I have no idea of the differences between the different numbers above.. I doubt it's to do with the thermostat's properties, since this apparently fits everything from an 0.9 to a 1.4.. but if it looks the same as yours, then it's probably a goer.

Here's the link.. it has a lot of pictures of the part, so you can see what it looks like:

Ralf S.

Attachments

• stat.JPG
    stat.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 0
OP
OP
O

Oz500

Thanks everyone.
A quick look on Ebay seems to say the 1.2 and 1,4 are cross compatible HOWEVER a quick look on Shop4parts lists different part numbers so I'm not sure and Euro Car Parts also have different part numbers
https://www.eurocarparts.com/car-thermostat
ECP do ship internationally if you're really pushed

I have ordered from eurocarparts, and despite calling them (& the agent that I spoke to, said he was sending an email to their accounts dep), and then two further emails myself, they still haven’t responded to my enquiry.

Are they known for being hard to deal with?

Calling them from Aus to be put on hold for 5-10 minutes again won’t be good for my bank balance. I just want an answer regarding payment for shipping, so that they can send my order 😬

John202020

It's always more involved
You could try to be really sure ringing a Fiat dealer here and talking to the parts department explain you're in Australia this is my local ones number (0)191 262 3300 if that's any help?

OP
OP
O

Oz500

You could try to be really sure ringing a Fiat dealer here and talking to the parts department explain you're in Australia this is my local ones number (0)191 262 3300 if that's any help?
Thanks John,
I was able to confirm a part number with a Fiat dealer in Aus.
I then went ahead and paid for & ordered from eurocarparts, but I am concerned that they are now ignoring me, as daily attempts to contact them regarding shipping have so far been unsuccessful.
If there’s anyone local to them (or one of their stores), I’d love some support in getting them to respond to my emails & phone call. I really just want to get my order on its way so that I can get my car going again 🙁

OP
OP
O

Oz500

Give them a day or so to respond
I ended up having to call again at the end of the week, as they still hadn’t been in contact.

All sorted, and my order arrived yesterday.

The SKF timing belt kit does NOT include the water pump (☹️ So I have to send them a new order)