General 1.4 t-jet 150hp drive shaft??

Currently reading:
General 1.4 t-jet 150hp drive shaft??

The problem with these new FIAT drive shafts is the seal.
It lets all the grease out, and without the grease the driveshaft elements start frictioning each other and end up damaged.

I haven't found a solution to improve the sealing, if anyone has, please post it, thanks.

Guys I've read on the Croma forums that the driveshaft from Vectra C models is compatible and much more reliable (it uses the same M36 Gearbox that equips most bravos, except the Diesel 165hp).

Can anyone confirm?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Guys I've read on the Croma forums that the driveshaft from Vectra C models is compatible and much more reliable (it uses the same M36 Gearbox that equips most bravos, except the Diesel 165hp).

Can anyone confirm?

I said M36 but i meant M32 :D

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Took it to mechanic he told me it's not your driveshaft even with a split boot he hardly did a proper check. So went to another one he looked at it and told me it is. Told him I'm getting intermittent vibration comes and goes when it feels like.

Also I have a type of roaring sound and when I did check the driveshaft it had play in it.

I gave fiat a call and he told me £268 obviously I said no lol.

Last edited:
Took it to mechanic he told me it's not your driveshaft even with a split boot he hardly did a proper check.

Haha now I'm really wondering what he thought it was. It's so obvious...

Try to find only the spider and the cup don't buy a complete shaft.

Haha now I'm really wondering what he thought it was. It's so obvious...

Try to find only the spider and the cup don't buy a complete shaft.

I was annoyed and left it at that.

Got a quote from fiat for £118 for the spider plus vat so that's £141.60.

Only for the spider?

You have to replace the cup too (and the grease/boot)

Which side has the longer driveshaft? Is it the drivers side?

A lot of damage on all sides of the cup (drivers side).

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1438295070.417720.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1438295749.158430.jpg

Replaced the full driveshaft on drivers side.

Yes I had to replace it, it had wear on them.
Will keep a look out now and replace the grease

Hi all!

Having same issue with Bravo 1.4 Mutliair. Changing tripods twice - 15,000 km and 45,000 km. Vibrations began after track days, so Bravo tripods doesn't love fast corners :( And now at 67,000 km sometimes I feel habitual vibrations

Maybe you found the solutions with more reliable tripods, e.g. from 500 Abarth? Or that issue is permanent and unsolvable?

If i remember correctly, the GPs are having problems with the driveshafts mostly after lowering.

If you are getting vibrations check the boot is not cracked.
I would suggest replacing the grease in the tripode with something with a higher temperature rating, stickier and thicker.

About 20k km ago my tripode boot cracked and i had big vibrations (especially with more weight in the car).
Did not use the car more that 500km after realizing what caused the vibration.
The tripode had a lot of play in it, but the cup was fine.
I replaced the boot and the tripode with some Italian OEM supplier part (don't remembrer tha name), also i used some MOS2 grease inside the tripode cup...(that was what i had)

Last edited:
Check also outter (wheel) CV joints for play
After i replaced tripods and refurbished cups, therw was less vibrations, but after replacing CV joint, they were much less.
Play in CV joint is not so big, but it makes vibrations.
I bought CV joint that costed 30 euros, on box said "Made in Japan"
Still is on the car

Back