Technical 1.4 Sporting Breather pipe

Currently reading:
Technical 1.4 Sporting Breather pipe

jason6168

My crankcase breather hose recently split and I've just been patching it up with some paste- with varying degrees of success...

I was looking to just replace the whole whole pipe with a single silicone tube or other rubber pipe as I can't find another 1.4 sporting in any local wreckers.

Just want to know if the connection towards the top to the throttle body section is actually needed, or can I just ignore that smaller pipe entirely- in which case I can just get a single pipe as a replacement.

Thanks

Attachments

• InkedIMG_20180706_123848_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_20180706_123848_LI.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 76
  • InkedIMG_20180706_123900_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_20180706_123900_LI.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 33
I've had a look on ePER and the part number is 46826961. Have a search around, see if anywhere has one. gonna be around £15.

Thanks for the part number. I just want to see if anyone knows if that top smaller pipe connection is needed and what it does. As ordering a new original pipe opposed to just using a slightly longer piece of tube would probably end up in a split again due to the different intake setup. (it stretches the original length tubing)

Thanks for the part number. I just want to see if anyone knows if that top smaller pipe connection is needed and what it does. As ordering a new original pipe opposed to just using a slightly longer piece of tube would probably end up in a split again due to the different intake setup. (it stretches the original length tubing)

I have that small diameter pipe on my 16V car. It probably maintains the vacuum in the engine while the throttle valve is closed. Removing it will not change the engine performance because these cars have the air supply automatically regulated by the computer.

It will impact the car emissions because you will be venting unburnt fuel when the engine is idling.

Back