1.4 Fiat Punto Grande Sporting 16v

Currently reading:
1.4 Fiat Punto Grande Sporting 16v

ImNotDave

Hey, fairly new here and was wondering for some pointers in ways to increase the performance from my Grande... Wanting to do as much of the work myself if possible! All pointers are welcome!

Thanks

Hi. If you start with remap, a think is the best way do gain performance, with low cost.

Jose Pires

Cheers Jose, any time places you'd personally recommend to have it done? I live in Buckinghamshire if that helps narrow down any!

Thanks, Jordan

Don't get your hopes up too high with a remap. This is not a turbocharged engine...
In fact, it is already relatively high on its power (most powerful NA fire-engine), fiat uses turbo's to take more power from these engines.

Easiest way to improve power is a t-jet engine (the easiest engine-swap is a car-swap).

This does not mean it is not possible to gain some extra power from this engine (formula750 has more power from from a smaller fire-engine), but you will need more 'hardware' tuning like intakes, cams, porting, exhausts and so on. Don't expect miracles from seperate items. Mapping is best done after the hardware tuning has been done.

Back