Technical 1.4 16V 100HP Engine into 1.2 500??

Currently reading:
Technical 1.4 16V 100HP Engine into 1.2 500??

Hi all, it's been a long time since I posted on here, and have a question for some of you experts out there..

I have a 1.4 16V Engine and G-box from a 2008 100HP Panda and was wondering if it would be a bolt if=n job to fit it into a 1.2 Fiat 500? I have all the required ancillaries, including Rad, Starter, ECU etc... from the Panda.

I guess the biggest issue would be the electrical side of things. Is the multi pin plug connection going to fit?

All advice will be greatly appreciated.

Nige

Hi Rob,

My, you have a good memory!! The Panda is sat on my drive, having covered a total of no miles whatsoever!!

The shell will be for sale, complete with fully welded multipoint sparco cage and having been fully seam welded.

Still, this thread is about my new proposed '500. I'm basically wondering if I can use all my special parts and some ingenuity to make a "special" 500? Rear discs, quaife diff, lowered suspension on rod ends? Should be quite fun?? I'm leaning towards a Matte black paint job and using the 15" Panda rims?

Hi all, it's been a long time since I posted on here, and have a question for some of you experts out there..

I have a 1.4 16V Engine and G-box from a 2008 100HP Panda and was wondering if it would be a bolt if=n job to fit it into a 1.2 Fiat 500? I have all the required ancillaries, including Rad, Starter, ECU etc... from the Panda.

I guess the biggest issue would be the electrical side of things. Is the multi pin plug connection going to fit?

All advice will be greatly appreciated.

Nige

I don't know the answer to you question but when I was looking to fit a new engine to a 323i I had to get the ECU to go with it for it to start. So if you have the ECU etc I can't see a problem.

I wonder what it would be like if your were to fit a NA 1.6 engine out of the likes of the newer Suzuki swift. That would give those extra ponies...

Hi Nigel :) I remember your project too :) I imagine it's very much doable, can't imagine it being too hard to get it going.

Back