Technical 1.3 Mjet gearbox oil change

Currently reading:
Technical 1.3 Mjet gearbox oil change

Tom17

Hi

Can anybody help me with a technical question regarding changing the gearbox oil on a 1.3 diesel multi jet Grande Punto. I have done a bit of research and all the information I have found so far points to it being an M32 gearbox but when I looked at the drain and fill points they are different I can only find two and none on the top (including if the battery tray is removed) Is it just a case of filling through the highest hole (I assume the level hole) until it runs out? Does anybody know how much oil it takes

Thanks

You probably got a C510-5 as on my 1.3mjt 90. Provide your VIN (ZFA199xxxxxxxxxxx)and I will transfer you the info about your personal car, might be usefull in the future.

The filling and level hole are the same, the top one. Fill until the oïl goes off the hole and you'll be ok.

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Hi. I think it is the C510 as having now done a bit of research they were fitted to the 75hp. The issue is there appears to be 3 plugs, two of which are quite low. Is one a separate drain for the diff? I have enclosed a photo to help. I will get the VIN shortly, I am not near the car at the moment.

Attachments

• DSC_0023.JPG
    DSC_0023.JPG
    879.6 KB · Views: 633
Fill/level plug is just next to the rear gear sensor. Drain plug is just below the shaft...

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Attachments

• Gearbox oil change.JPG
    Gearbox oil change.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 1,213
Last edited:
Thanks. I'm not sure what the plug is underneath the two large hex heads, however those diagrams are clear. I appreciate the help.

Fill/level plug is just next to the rear gear sensor. Drain plug is just below the shaft...

BRs, Bernie

Hi again Bernie,

Is this info available for the M20 box?

Thanks
Daniel

Sure it is...

BRs, Bernie

Attachments

• M20-6 gearbox oil drain plug.JPG
    M20-6 gearbox oil drain plug.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 379
  • M20-6 gearbox oil level plug.JPG
    M20-6 gearbox oil level plug.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 345
  • M20-6 gearbox oil drain.JPG
    M20-6 gearbox oil drain.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 238
Sure it is...

BRs, Bernie

Sorry Bernie, I forgot to ask, is there a filling hole, on the diagrams, under the battery tray?

Sorry Bernie, I forgot to ask, is there a filling hole, on the diagrams, under the battery tray?

Hi,
looks the same as M32 as expected. The fill plug is on the top of the 'box near the selector input. It's 1 on Bernies second diagram. On the Croma it's best to remove the battery tray for access.

Robert G8RPI.

Hi,
looks the same as M32 as expected. The fill plug is on the top of the 'box near the selector input. It's 1 on Bernies second diagram. On the Croma it's best to remove the battery tray for access.

Robert G8RPI.
Thanks Robert. That's where I was thinking it was but wanted it confirmed before removing the battery and tray.
I wasn't sure looking at the diagram if that was the top or a side view, but was leaning towards the top as I thought I was looking at the engine top mount bolts in the diagram.
Thank you for confirming,
Daniel

bernie do you have the diagrams for a 2017, Doblo 1.3 multijet euro6?

its hitting the 90.000km and I would like to check the gearbox fluid and apparently if needed to replace it seems its the same as the differential(??)

many thanks

Thank you guys!!

Would never think a Fiat Doblo van would have the same gear / dif has a Fiorino :confused::confused: what the heck (good for the Fiorino, not so good for the Doblo Maxi??)

Last edited:
Thank you guys!!

Would never think a Fiat Doblo van would have the same gear / dif has a Fiorino :confused::confused: what the heck (good for the Fiorino, not so good for the Doblo Maxi??)

Why wouldn't that be 'not so good' for the Doblo Maxi ? Gerabox/dif are rated for max torque and could potentially move a truck, but at low speed... No problem until it works unedr the max torque.

The gear/dif ratios might also be different from the Fiorino and the housing/bearings etc. still be the same !

Here's a little table, cheers, Bernie

Attachments

• gearbox type.JPG
    gearbox type.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 217
Back