General 1.3 automatic, 5 or 6 speed?

Currently reading:
General 1.3 automatic, 5 or 6 speed?

Greg123

Just got a 2012 Qubo with everything including the automated manual gearbox.

I got a brochure and it was listed as 6 speed.

Mine is 5-speed.

Were they ever 6 speed? Did they change with the start stop model that mine is or was it a typo and all of these boxes were 5 speed?

Any light shed on this appreciated.

Hi Greg123, Yes they did 6 speed for a short while, mine is a 6 speed box. Helps with the old economy as the revs are lower at 70mph, by about 200...………
Cheers Qube O.

Hi Greg123, Yes they did 6 speed for a short while, mine is a 6 speed box. Helps with the old economy as the revs are lower at 70mph, by about 200...………
Cheers Qube O.

Very interesting, and annoying for me lol.

What year is yours please? Would it be okay to pm you i have a couple of questions.

mine does 90mph and about 3200rpm, how does that compare to the 6-speed?

I think new ones are 6 speed again.

Dammit, it was a conspiracy against my age vehicle.....

Anyone know much about it, eg is it essentially the same box with a bit deeper extension housing and a 6th gear? Or a totally different affair?

Did Vauxhall use their own automated manual, or are the automatic Corsa 1.3 diesels also sharing this box?

I bought an 11 reg Pigout Bipper with the 1.3 multijet and fiat dualogic gearbox. I only bought it because it was 6 speed. Imagine how pissed I was when it only went to 5........ I got so fed up with not been able to go over 65 mph without the fuel consumption going sky high I sold it on and bought a Doblo with a 6 speed manual instead. MPG sells cars so why Fiat likes shooting itself in the foot is a mystery to me.(n)

Very interesting, and annoying for me lol.

What year is yours please? Would it be okay to pm you i have a couple of questions.

mine does 90mph and about 3200rpm, how does that compare to the 6-speed?

Hiya, Never got anywhere near 90, so no idea on the revs at that speed. At 70, its about 300/350 less than the 5 speed, its a 2009 reg. Yept, feel free to PM me...….no sweat.
Cheers Qube O.

Last edited:
Back