Tuning 1.2 seicento engine swap

Currently reading:
Tuning 1.2 seicento engine swap

ricky seicento

hi there
i am looking for some help on my engine swap i plan to do on my mpi seicento. i have read all the guides and threads like kritips . he covers his project incredibly but doesnt realy explain what he used from what engine to make it work.
i want to do the 16v engine swap. i fancy the punto sporting engine mk2.
what else do i need for this to work. not performance wise just everything i need e.g what parts from what engine, TB inlet and exhaust manifolds and all the rest. i will be getting the ecu remapped. any help will be muchly appreciated.
many thanks
ricky

Last edited:
hi there
i am looking for some help on my engine swap i plan to do on my mpi seicento. i have read all the guides and threads like kritips . he covers his project incredibly but doesnt realy explain what he used from what engine to make it work.
i want to do the 16v engine swap. i fancy the punto sporting engine mk2.
what else do i need for this to work. not performance wise just everything i need e.g what parts from what engine, TB inlet and exhaust manifolds and all the rest. i will be getting the ecu remapped. any help will be muchly appreciated.
many thanks
ricky

Hiya pal, i have a mk1 punto 1.2 16v 85bhp engine which im deciding wether to fit or sell (depends if i can find a cheap sei)... anyway, the easiest way would be to get the mk1 punto engine, with the mk1 inlet, the ecu for the engine and the engine loom. Also the keys and poss code box. Use your standard gearbox and shafts. As for the exhaust manifold, im guessing a mk1 punto one should fit, (its the only thing i havent got yet)... although their a bit cr*p as have the cat converter within them...

Done one before, easy conversion, once you have mashed a few wires here and there.

Depends on which engine, if it's a mk1 punto/bavo engine then it has different exhaust manifold stud pattern compared to the mk2 punto/stilo engines.

Easiest but definately not the cheapest option is just to get hold of a 4-2-1 manifold, either john ashley or supersprint.

Thanks

X

Depends on which engine, if it's a mk1 punto/bavo engine then it has different exhaust manifold stud pattern compared to the mk2 punto/stilo engines.

Easiest but definately not the cheapest option is just to get hold of a 4-2-1 manifold, either john ashley or supersprint.

Thanks

X

Hello there mr todge....

Seen a 4 into 1 manifold on ebay today, however home made so kinda put me off!

Been offered a sei in nuneaton ... its a mia but not worth the cash as requires some work and no MOT.. :(

Back