General 1.2 or JTD - which is better?

Currently reading:
General 1.2 or JTD - which is better?

Maybe THATS why my EGR is still original and never been cleaned or given me grief! (y)

Hmmmmmmmmmm give it another few thousand miles and i will soon be able to tell you as ragging the nuts off mine most of the time also should mean i wont ever need one again.:D
Oh and mine rev's round cleanly to 4500rpm too.

Oh and servicing every 20,000 give or take a few thousand here and there, oil and filter and fuel filter when i feel like it.

Apart from that it doesnt get touched!!

Hmmmmmmmmmm give it another few thousand miles and i will soon be able to tell you as ragging the nuts off mine most of the time also should mean i wont ever need one again.:D
Oh and mine rev's round cleanly to 4500rpm too.

Oh and servicing every 20,000 give or take a few thousand here and there, oil and filter and fuel filter when i feel like it.

Apart from that it doesnt get touched!!

I've done 55,000...... :p I dont rag it... ever, really just give it a good run out through the rev range keeping to speed limits... mostly.

Plus should be good for 75000miles these days, I can't remember for sure but i'm sure its about then that they recommend being changed by service manual.

:ROFLMAO:

75k pfft.

The gap on them!

Evey 12k for me, although they'd safely do 24k.

Don't forget, the more worn plugs get, the weaker the spark, the ****tyer the ignition = poor power / performance / MPG.

Slightly outdated view though that, I mean your basing your servicing on spark plug technology from 20years ago lol. If you check the plugs and the gaps are fine and the condition is fine then why bother changing them? If you did idling issues, or that fuel economy had dropped off then sure replace the plugs!

Although perversely now I've been looking at new plugs hehehe! ;) You got me thinking thats 62,000miles i've covered and they've never been changed. Economy is still as it was, engine is still running smoothy. So why am I looking at plugs? Because historically I feel they should have been changed by now. I change the mini plugs very regularly but then thats because the old A-series is very tough on its plugs compared to modern motors.

A small update...
Just got back home... in my 1.2 active Stilo :)
The engine did well in my opinion on the motorway from Edinburgh to Aberdeen, not too fast, but I have my bike for that :devil:

I haven't been driving for a while, but felt really good behind the wheel.

The dealer has mot'd and serviced (new timing and alternator belt), so that's that good for another 3yrs (or 36k) or is there something else (apart from oil/filter/plugs)?

Cheers
dyzio

A small update...
Just got back home... in my 1.2 active Stilo :)
The engine did well in my opinion on the motorway from Edinburgh to Aberdeen, not too fast, but I have my bike for that :devil:

I haven't been driving for a while, but felt really good behind the wheel.

The dealer has mot'd and serviced (new timing and alternator belt), so that's that good for another 3yrs (or 36k) or is there something else (apart from oil/filter/plugs)?

Cheers
dyzio

Good choice that man! Good car eh!

Back