General 1.2 8v juddering (misfire??)

Currently reading:
General 1.2 8v juddering (misfire??)

hello all, over the last few weeks i have noticed the punto become very jumpy and juddery when idle, both from cold and hot, sometimes in traffic, the whole car would shake from this, recently been serviced, plugs oil, oil filter, air filter, all leads been checked, however this problem started before the service.
please help many thanks

hello all, over the last few weeks i have noticed the punto become very jumpy and juddery when idle, both from cold and hot, sometimes in traffic, the whole car would shake from this, recently been serviced, plugs oil, oil filter, air filter, all leads been checked, however this problem started before the service.
please help many thanks

Failing coil pack is favourite, worth a try before delving into other mechanical stuff. (y)

how would i check whether it is failing, surly there would be a huge diffrence in the engine as it has not failed completly.
many thanks

Last edited:
my car is in the garage now due to this juddering , its getting a full service and if that does'nt mend it , its new coil packs ,,,,,££££££££££££££££££££££££££...there not cheap :confused:

how would i check whether it is failing, surly there would be a huge diffrence in the engine as it has not failed completly.
many thanks

Buy a spare... always good to have one, not uncommon on all makes these days. Then swop one existing coil-pack for the new one and do the same until you find which one is the culprit.

please help many thanks

hello agen all :)

this problem is still on going :( changed coil packs, no diffrence, i have noticed that it becomes more "violent" wen the car is at running tempreature, if i hold the car at 2000 rpm in neutral, the car judders every 2 secs. anyone got any ideas???:bang:

if its definetly not the coils, maybe the ecu is shot? try sending it off to www.ecu-testing.com. Im actually going through the same ****e at the moment.

Back