Technical 09 plate GP headlamp help!!

Currently reading:
Technical 09 plate GP headlamp help!!

Meep

Recently started having an issue with the lights in that the dipped beam comes on for a few seconds or flashes on and off repeatedly for a few seconds when indicating or (only sometimes) just when driving normally. It’s only usually an issue when the lights are off, but very very occasionally when they’re on they will flash off for a second or two in the same situation.
Wiggling the stalk a bit with the lights off seems to trigger the same issue so I think it’s likely a lose or worn connection or wire in the switch unit.
I can easily take the switch unit off and apart and everything (had to replace the clock spring last winter) but wondered if anyone’s had similar issues and if it’s an easy fix, or better off getting a whole new unit?
Thanks in advance! :)

Thanks. Managed to replace the stalk, wiring and contacts and the issue seems to be resolved. Contacted were clean and switch was working, fuses all okay so can only assume one of the wires had broken inside the casing perhaps.

RE searching, I did look through all previous posts about headlamp issues but didn’t feel the issue I was experiencing was exactly the same so thought it warranted a new thread. Please accept my sincere apologies if I missed something obvious or put anyone out. I’m pretty new round here so not au fait with the intricacies of forum-posting but appreciate your kind and friendly support…

Last edited:
Back