General 09 Fiat 500 headlights no longer working

Currently reading:
General 09 Fiat 500 headlights no longer working

soph201

Hello!

I got my first car, a fiat 500 pop, a couple weeks ago knowing the passenger side sidelight wasn't working, thinking it was just a blown bulb (should've known better🤦‍♀️)

Had a go at changing the bulb today and it's still not working properly and now the main passenger side headlight isn't working either! The side light will work on regular driving lights and full beam, but not dipped. The main headlight now won't work at all when it was perfectly fine before trying to change the sidelight bulb. So it's obviously not the bulbs.

Had a look at the fuses, they all appear perfectly fine. So my last guess is the switch itself is faulty? What I'm mostly confused about is the fact the main headlight has all of a sudden stopped working when it was absolutely fine before??

Any thoughts will be much appreciated!

Hi & welcome
When you say side light do you mean the DRL ? The ones under the headlight? It could be a multitude of things but most likely the bulbs and or the contacts
Check for water or rust maybe remove the bulbs again check everything then try new bulbs
If it was a fuse I’m guessing no lights would work!
Incidentally the DRL main bulb (larger) is dual filament

If Fiat still used the same grey connector on the bodycomputer (fusebox inside the car., the connector may have been burnt/melted.
There were replacement connectors with thicker wirin available when I had this on my 160 Panda.

gr J

Hi and welcome, so the main beam is fine, when you start the car, lights off are the "Day running lights" on? (in the bumper with the main beam)?
When you turn on the head lights (assuming the day running lights are switched on, in the menu) do the day running lights "dim" and work on both sides?
Remove the dip headlight bulb and check it or even replace it, first try removing from the holder and replace keeping your fingers off the glass! Try again, you could also try removing and replacing the main headlight power connector noting it has a "latch" to keep it in place, press to release.
If no joy report back, don't feel disheartened most issues are a simple fix though finding the issue can take some time, out car is the same age as yours.

Back