04 Punto ISO wiring problems

Currently reading:
04 Punto ISO wiring problems

p3asa

Hi all.
My wife has just bought an 04 plate Punto. I thought it would just have been
a case of pulling the factory radio out and putting the new one in as every
car website I have been to says it is ISO compliant.

However there is no accessory feed, just a live feed going into the
accessory pin on the JVC HU. Which means no power gets to the head unit at
all. I could easily add an accessory feed and swap that and the permanent
feed over but the ISO plug where the permanent feed should be has nothing in it. So I have 2 questions:

1. Can I purchase after market pins that will fit into an existing ISO
block?

2. IS there such a thing as an ISO to ISO adaptor? (I can't find one) That
way I could just cut the power lead on the adaptor that runs to the empty
factory ISO slot and connect my own power.

What has everyone else done when fitting aftermarket HU's on this age of Punto? Her old one (96) was ISO compliant and was a case of simply plugging it in.

Or any other suggestions would be greatly welcomed. It seems such an awkward job for one that should take 5 minutes.

Cheers

Steven.

Sorry meant to add in previous post.

Anyone any suggestions on removing the facia when you put the aftermarket stereo in?

I stupidly connected the stereo and shoved it all the way in to find it didn't work, so I wanted to put the factory stereo back in for just now.

The only way I could remove the facia was by pulling and it broke one of the side clips.

It seemed impossible to get off without breaking!!

Hi

I broke the facia taking my stereo out aswell :eek: I agree it is impossible to remove without breaking it- probably not a design fault either :rolleyes:

Cant help with the 1st couple of questions, but im sure an ICE expert will advise you ;)

I think Fiat has made it hard to swap headunits on purpose on these newer models, to make you have to pay for one of their rip-off units instead :mad:

Back