Technical '01 Punto Exhaust costs?

Currently reading:
Technical '01 Punto Exhaust costs?

Exhausted

Bought my first car a few months ago ('01 Punto,obviously,lol) and my exhaust is sounding like racing car! I've been told its probably a hole in the exhaust.
I have no clue about cars, but want to learn more, so this is my first question (but not last) to the forum.
How much should it cost to replace? Will there be different options?As a carnoob I don't want to be ripped off or bamboozled by mechanic jargon :confused:
Thanks,
Bob

If it's a 1.2 then the centres are ~£30-40 and similar for the backbox.

As for what needs replaced it depends where it's blowing.

Fitting should only be an hours labour.

Bought my first car a few months ago ('01 Punto,obviously,lol) and my exhaust is sounding like racing car! I've been told its probably a hole in the exhaust.
I have no clue about cars, but want to learn more, so this is my first question (but not last) to the forum.
How much should it cost to replace? Will there be different options?As a carnoob I don't want to be ripped off or bamboozled by mechanic jargon :confused:
Thanks,
Bob

Don't assume it's a hole in the exhaust. I've just had a similar problem and turned out to be the flexi tube, which is in the central pipe (there's 3 parts to the exhaust). Just take it into the garage and they shoould just put it up on the lift for you and have a quick look.

Don't think you need to replace the whole exhaust. Because it's split into 3 parts it should be okay to replace only the part of the exhaust that needs it.

If your worried about getting ripped off, just go and have a word with your local garage, and introduce yourself. Can't go far wrong really!

Thanks guys, feel more confident now!
Will let you know what transpires ;)

Back