Register Login
Save up to 15% with Adrian Flux insurance!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2018   #1
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 1,096
Thanks: 40
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Been a way for a while and R.I.P Daniella

Morning all,

Thought I'd nip by and see what has been going on, been away for a while with various ailments but things seem to be improving .

Anyhow, you will be sad to hear that Daniella is no more, 22nd May spelt a disastrous evening for her, was pulling out of a t junction with a van parked against the kirb to the right... edged ever so slowly and a little yaris (speeding) took the front end clean off, also jammed his car against mine.

Doubt they will get far with the insurance, it initially is my fault, so my insurance says but... CCTV says it all, I was cautious and he was speeding around a van that was causing a blind spot to the right of the junction... the two occupants of the yaris (in there 50s) quickly got out, we tried to move the cars but they wouldn't budge, then before we know it - the whole street is covered with people and spectators, anyhow as soon as the sirens could be heard from police, the two yaris occupants jumped back inside there car and starting yelling, a third person also jumped in the back.

The insurance company are aware and the police were not interested and just calmed down the situation.

Anyway, went to see the car at the recovery yard, chassis was straight, radiator, aircon rad, oil cooler, intercooler, both headlamps, bonnet, wings, all trashed - wasn't worth me repairing her a second time... plus I think the manifold had cracked.

Anyhow, final take - got my eye on another 150mj

All the best folks.
Dan.
__________________
Current car: 06 Fiat Stilo Sporting 150 Multijet
Past cars: 03 Stilo 1.2 Active 16v, 06 Focus 1.4 LS, 98 E36 323is, 97 Astra 1.6, 95 Astra 1.7 TDI, 95 Micra Super S, 96 Almera 1.6 GX, 94 Micra Super S, 97 Vectra 1.6 Envoy, 98 A4 1.8T Sport
dtimmins1985 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 26-07-2018   #2
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Grimsby, England
Posts: 751
Thanks: 73
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Been a way for a while and R.I.P Daniella

Sounds like rough luck mate. Sounds like you're alright though which is the important thing. Sorry end to the stilo but at least you're looking for another! Best of luck with that.
__________________
Registered Alfaholic
Current cars - Stilo Abarth (let's not mention the Audi)
Previous: Fiats: Uno, Tipo, Brava (1.8 ELX), Marea (2.0 155); Alfas: 156 (1.8TS), 166 (3.0 V6), 156 GTA, 156 Sport (1.9 JTD M-Jet), 159 Lusso (1.9 JTDM), 147 Lusso (1.6TS)
Artermis is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 26-07-2018   #3
Dean
 
Zeewulf's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Redditch, West Midlands
Posts: 873
Thanks: 41
Trader Rating: 0
Zeewulf has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Been a way for a while and R.I.P Daniella

Quote Originally Posted by dtimmins1985 View Post
Morning all,

Thought I'd nip by and see what has been going on, been away for a while with various ailments but things seem to be improving .

Anyhow, you will be sad to hear that Daniella is no more, 22nd May spelt a disastrous evening for her, was pulling out of a t junction with a van parked against the kirb to the right... edged ever so slowly and a little yaris (speeding) took the front end clean off, also jammed his car against mine.

Doubt they will get far with the insurance, it initially is my fault, so my insurance says but... CCTV says it all, I was cautious and he was speeding around a van that was causing a blind spot to the right of the junction... the two occupants of the yaris (in there 50s) quickly got out, we tried to move the cars but they wouldn't budge, then before we know it - the whole street is covered with people and spectators, anyhow as soon as the sirens could be heard from police, the two yaris occupants jumped back inside there car and starting yelling, a third person also jumped in the back.

The insurance company are aware and the police were not interested and just calmed down the situation.

Anyway, went to see the car at the recovery yard, chassis was straight, radiator, aircon rad, oil cooler, intercooler, both headlamps, bonnet, wings, all trashed - wasn't worth me repairing her a second time... plus I think the manifold had cracked.

Anyhow, final take - got my eye on another 150mj

All the best folks.
Dan.
Just don't buy any of the 150MJ's i'm looking at
__________________
Blue & Me Website - http://www.blueandme.net/blueandme/index.aspx/

Zeewulf is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 26-07-2018   #4
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 1,096
Thanks: 40
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Been a way for a while and R.I.P Daniella

Quote Originally Posted by Artermis View Post
Sounds like rough luck mate. Sounds like you're alright though which is the important thing. Sorry end to the stilo but at least you're looking for another! Best of luck with that.
Thanks Ben,

Couple of points I forgot to add above, the yaris occupants acted so bad when they heard the sirens and had firebrigade come after to cut them out, no air bags deployed either which says a lot from two modern cars.

Anyhow, I can't see my love dying for a while yet so another it shall hopefully be... also have lots of bits to put on her if go this route

I'll be around for now whilst I'm well enough guys and thanks Ben!.

Kind regards,
Dan.
__________________
Current car: 06 Fiat Stilo Sporting 150 Multijet
Past cars: 03 Stilo 1.2 Active 16v, 06 Focus 1.4 LS, 98 E36 323is, 97 Astra 1.6, 95 Astra 1.7 TDI, 95 Micra Super S, 96 Almera 1.6 GX, 94 Micra Super S, 97 Vectra 1.6 Envoy, 98 A4 1.8T Sport
dtimmins1985 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 26-07-2018   #5
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 1,096
Thanks: 40
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Been a way for a while and R.I.P Daniella

Quote Originally Posted by Zeewulf View Post
Just don't buy any of the 150MJ's i'm looking at
Hahaha, I can see three clearly now the rain has gone in Yorkshire!
__________________
Current car: 06 Fiat Stilo Sporting 150 Multijet
Past cars: 03 Stilo 1.2 Active 16v, 06 Focus 1.4 LS, 98 E36 323is, 97 Astra 1.6, 95 Astra 1.7 TDI, 95 Micra Super S, 96 Almera 1.6 GX, 94 Micra Super S, 97 Vectra 1.6 Envoy, 98 A4 1.8T Sport
dtimmins1985 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 31-07-2018   #6
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 184
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Been a way for a while and R.I.P Daniella

Sorry for your loss, I know that she will be missed.

I did wonder what was going on.

Why not go mad and get a estate and drop it on its arse with some even bonkers wheels?
Likes dtimmins1985 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Yorkshire007 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 01-08-2018   #7
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 1,096
Thanks: 40
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Been a way for a while and R.I.P Daniella

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire007 View Post
Sorry for your loss, I know that she will be missed.

I did wonder what was going on.

Why not go mad and get a estate and drop it on its arse with some even bonkers wheels?
That does sound like a good idea but I'd want another 150hp, not sure it was available as a MW...

Anyhow, will see how things pan out, I have my eye on another 5 or so different ones at the moment... just trying to arrange a driver or transport to get one home and on my drive, have already got eyes on a coilover system fit for the 150 and 170 models .
__________________
Current car: 06 Fiat Stilo Sporting 150 Multijet
Past cars: 03 Stilo 1.2 Active 16v, 06 Focus 1.4 LS, 98 E36 323is, 97 Astra 1.6, 95 Astra 1.7 TDI, 95 Micra Super S, 96 Almera 1.6 GX, 94 Micra Super S, 97 Vectra 1.6 Envoy, 98 A4 1.8T Sport
dtimmins1985 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 01-08-2018   #8
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 184
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Been a way for a while and R.I.P Daniella

I am picking up some new shockers tomorrow. Koni FSD ones to replace my current one's. I will let you know how they turn out.
Likes dtimmins1985 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Yorkshire007 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 26-08-2018   #9
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 184
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Been a way for a while and R.I.P Daniella

Have you got a replacement yet?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Yorkshire007 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 26-08-2018   #10
Dean
 
Zeewulf's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Redditch, West Midlands
Posts: 873
Thanks: 41
Trader Rating: 0
Zeewulf has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Been a way for a while and R.I.P Daniella

Virtually no 150mj's in my area, so looking at a 115JTD sporting at the weekend.
Likes varesecrazy liked this post
__________________
Blue & Me Website - http://www.blueandme.net/blueandme/index.aspx/

Zeewulf is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 04-09-2018   #11
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 1,096
Thanks: 40
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Been a way for a while and R.I.P Daniella

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire007 View Post
Have you got a replacement yet?
Not yet mate.

Seen a few and went to look at a few but they where worse than what i had before.

Also just missed out on the one on ebay, went for 741, dark grey mj 150 down in rusper.

Gutted

Br,
Dan
__________________
Current car: 06 Fiat Stilo Sporting 150 Multijet
Past cars: 03 Stilo 1.2 Active 16v, 06 Focus 1.4 LS, 98 E36 323is, 97 Astra 1.6, 95 Astra 1.7 TDI, 95 Micra Super S, 96 Almera 1.6 GX, 94 Micra Super S, 97 Vectra 1.6 Envoy, 98 A4 1.8T Sport
dtimmins1985 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 04-09-2018   #12
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 184
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Been a way for a while and R.I.P Daniella

Facebook Market Place has some pop up every so often. Keep the faith dude 😎
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Yorkshire007 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 15-09-2018   #13
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 184
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Been a way for a while and R.I.P Daniella

__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Yorkshire007 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(G) Project - to hopefully re-love Daniella the Stilo dtimmins1985 Stilo 19 15-11-2017 21:11