Register Login
im Axle Specialists
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2011   #16
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coventry
Posts: 2,773
Thanks: 134
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: so much to do..........

__________________
Rich
'02 Stilo, 1.6, Dynamic, Black, 3 door, Full Leather, -30mm Apex Springs w/ Monroe Reflex Shocks.
'99 Coupe, 2.0 20v VIS, Portofino Blue, 2 door, Full Leather, Mani-Back Longlife Custom S/S Exhaust.
richydraper is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 23-02-2011   #17
Ex-Schumey proud owner
 
BLKC99's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Top Gear Studios
Posts: 811
Thanks: 33
Trader Rating: 1
BLKC99 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Talking Re: so much to do..........

So, any news??

Have you have your schuey checked out? what was causing the uneven crab steering
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

BLKC99 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 23-02-2011   #18
Moderator
 
gadge's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In a galaxy far far away
Posts: 4,075
Thanks: 122
Trader Rating: 0
gadge is part of the official FF Events Team :)
gadge has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: so much to do..........

fridays the big day mate, research fiat just rang me up and said "we can't get your cam belt kit untill monday???" i booked it in 2 weeks ago!! so there gonna fit a Delphi one instead which suits me fine - i'm keeping my fingers crossed about the steering? i'm convinced its the rear axle bushes!!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

gadge is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 23-02-2011   #19
Ex-Schumey proud owner
 
BLKC99's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Top Gear Studios
Posts: 811
Thanks: 33
Trader Rating: 1
BLKC99 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Talking Re: so much to do..........

Quote Originally Posted by gadgemyster View Post
fridays the big day mate, research fiat just rang me up and said "we can't get your cam belt kit untill monday???" i booked it in 2 weeks ago!! so there gonna fit a Delphi one instead which suits me fine - i'm keeping my fingers crossed about the steering? i'm convinced its the rear axle bushes!!
Thats great

Keep us updated on the outcomes and good luck
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

BLKC99 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 26-02-2011   #20
Moderator
 
gadge's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In a galaxy far far away
Posts: 4,075
Thanks: 122
Trader Rating: 0
gadge is part of the official FF Events Team :)
gadge has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: so much to do..........

well finally took the car in, research fiat did a wonderful job fitting the cam belt kit (385 including vat!) which considering my a quote from the same place for a 2.0 marea was 750 i was very pleasantly suppised! and as for the steering problem?...wait for it?.......... dunno! because they ran out of time to put it on thier 4 wheel lazer thingy! lol so it'll have to go in again next week sometime.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

gadge is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 05-03-2011   #21
Moderator
 
gadge's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In a galaxy far far away
Posts: 4,075
Thanks: 122
Trader Rating: 0
gadge is part of the official FF Events Team :)
gadge has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: so much to do..........

well got it sorted!! first i replaced the drop links because one of them was rattling ( turns out the drivers side one - the joints were all floppy) but still pulled to the left but was alot quiter! so then i took it to my local garage where they had a fancy 4 wheel lazer thing and they comfermed what it was ....... wait for it........ the tracking? it was out by 6mm!....... now i know what your thinking why did'nt you check that first?, well after the bump out side my house by a numpty van driver, i asked the bodyshop to check the tracking which they said they did so thats why my mind went into overdrive and though something eles was wrong? 45 quid and it was sorted!
Thanks Yellow Peril thanked for this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

gadge is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 05-03-2011   #22
More ICE Please
 
volxstu's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kent
Posts: 11,448
Thanks: 401
Trader Rating: 0
volxstu has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: so much to do..........

Brilliant, some good tips hidden in this thread.
__________________
Car Audio Goodness at its best for sale.
http://www.fiatforum.com/classifieds...?product=28141
volxstu is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 05-03-2011   #23
Ex-Schumey proud owner
 
BLKC99's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Top Gear Studios
Posts: 811
Thanks: 33
Trader Rating: 1
BLKC99 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Talking Re: so much to do..........

Quote Originally Posted by gadgemyster View Post
well got it sorted!! first i replaced the drop links because one of them was rattling ( turns out the drivers side one - the joints were all floppy) but still pulled to the left but was alot quiter! so then i took it to my local garage where they had a fancy 4 wheel lazer thing and they comfermed what it was ....... wait for it........ the tracking? it was out by 6mm!....... now i know what your thinking why did'nt you check that first?, well after the bump out side my house by a numpty van driver, i asked the bodyshop to check the tracking which they said they did so thats why my mind went into overdrive and though something eles was wrong? 45 quid and it was sorted!
Very glad you got it sorted out, no broken axle, housing joints, or anything serious, that is great as I am also pleased that another hot schuey will muscling around the roads of the UK.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

BLKC99 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 05-03-2011   #24
Ex-Schumey proud owner
 
BLKC99's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Top Gear Studios
Posts: 811
Thanks: 33
Trader Rating: 1
BLKC99 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Talking Re: so much to do..........

Hey Stu .. lol where you been
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

BLKC99 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 05-03-2011   #25
Moderator
 
gadge's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In a galaxy far far away
Posts: 4,075
Thanks: 122
Trader Rating: 0
gadge is part of the official FF Events Team :)
gadge has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: so much to do..........

Quote Originally Posted by Ballackcanavaro99 View Post
Very glad you got it sorted out, no broken axle, housing joints, or anything serious, that is great as I am also pleased that another hot schuey will muscling around the roads of the UK.
yep, hopefully mincing to a few forum shows this year too!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

gadge is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 05-03-2011   #26
Ex-Schumey proud owner
 
BLKC99's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Top Gear Studios
Posts: 811
Thanks: 33
Trader Rating: 1
BLKC99 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Talking Re: so much to do..........

Thats great gadgemyster

A Stilo showdown or bowz off lol is one of my future projects, glad all is ok, I was so eager to find out what the outcome of your steering issue.
Believe me I will have my car ready for any cruising or event show any time soon hopefully, lets hope, wait and see ... ey
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

BLKC99 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump