Register Login
im Axle Specialists
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2004   #31
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom.
Posts: 2,333
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Vanished.....

So what happens if we go upsetting mods and admin
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

James M is offline
Old 12-12-2004   #32
ben
The Boss
 
ben's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Taipei
Posts: 13,334
Thanks: 390
Blog Entries: 186
Trader Rating: 0
ben has donated!
ben is an honorary friend of the forum :)
King Pong Champion, e+Casino Blackjack Paper Champion, President vs Invaders Champion, Funny Clown vs Balloons Champion, Table Tennis 2.5D Champion
Taiwan 
Re: Vanished.....

Also, apologies if everything doesn't quite run right to start with, its a bit confusing this rep lark when you use it how I'm trying to, so expect odd entries until it's all sorted
__________________


my name is ben, i live in the east, i'm always working on the forum, i like pancakes.

MAKE MITTENS FAMOUS - https://www.instagram.com/heymittens/
ben is offline
Old 12-12-2004   #33
Winning
 
GhostWKD's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,972
Thanks: 11
Trader Rating: 0
GhostWKD has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Vanished.....

Quote Originally Posted by James M
So what happens if we go upsetting mods and admin
you bad

and paul; whilst this is a forum it is still mainly a fiat forum, hence only having one off topic section (ie leisure lounge) there are too many people joining the forum now whom come purely because its a forum not because its a fiat forum. It is a fiat forum and should remain so, however like you say it should be for other things too, but at the moment to be completely honest its stupid, theres more posts being made per day in the leisure lounge than in the rest of the forum put together. which is not how it should be imo

note this is purely my two cents
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

GhostWKD is offline
Old 12-12-2004   #34
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom.
Posts: 2,333
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Ben...

I see you're bigging yourself up on the old rep eh?

So we not going to see a return of post counts?

Is it me or has there been less spam today?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

James M is offline
Old 12-12-2004   #35
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom.
Posts: 2,333
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Vanished.....

Quote Originally Posted by GhostWKD
you bad

and paul; whilst this is a forum it is still mainly a fiat forum, hence only having one off topic section (ie leisure lounge) there are too many people joining the forum now whom come purely because its a forum not because its a fiat forum. It is a fiat forum and should remain so, however like you say it should be for other things too, but at the moment to be completely honest its stupid, theres more posts being made per day in the leisure lounge than in the rest of the forum put together. which is not how it should be imo

note this is purely my two cents
You are right Ghost, we also have a few new members with no interest in Fiat who simply want to start fights, which is worse still.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

James M is offline
Old 12-12-2004   #36
Go on the Fiats!
 
Steven's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 14,831
Thanks: 10
Trader Rating: 8
Steven has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Spam...

Quote Originally Posted by GhostWKD
steve your supposed to have stopped spamming pointlessly
I don't consider that to be spam, if you do that's your problem!

This is all getting a bit serious...
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Steven is offline
Old 12-12-2004   #37
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,441
Thanks: 1458
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: Vanished.....

Quote Originally Posted by pghstochaj
Can we get one thing straight, are people welcome to use this forum for all things or JUST car things with a little bit of LL in the mix? If the latter, maybe some of us should start our goodbyes?
of corse people such as yourself will be welcomed with open arms, you may not give much tec help on cars but your imput of other helpfull stuff is invalueble (sp) ie the shell optimax thread and aldi bargains
__________________
dave is offline
Old 12-12-2004   #38
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Nottm
Posts: 6,427
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
The Negotiator has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Vanished.....

me?
__________________
Now drives: BMW 635d (wow!)
Past:
Renault Laguna Coupe GT 180. Laguna Initiale dci. 52 Megane 1.9dCi, Y-reg Fiat Brava JTD (Pale Blue) (2006), '51 Fiat Brava 80 SX (black) (2006), M-reg UNO (2003-2004)
The Negotiator is offline
Old 12-12-2004   #39
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,724
Thanks: 8
Trader Rating: 0
wolfracepunto has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Vanished.....

I agree with losing the post count
Ive come on here recently and mistaken it for a chat room! Threads usually start with a topic that most people can get involved with- thats fine, but after the first couple of pages they turn into a competition of 'who can post the most' between two or three people.
__________________
BMW 123d M Sport Auto
'10 Focus ST-3 Gone
Hornet 600 K8 Sold
wolfracepunto is offline
Old 12-12-2004   #40
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom.
Posts: 2,333
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
One idea...

with the rep, shouldn't we all be able to read why each others rep was given? That way newbies will be able to get an idea of who may be able to help with a particular problem.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

James M is offline
Old 12-12-2004   #41
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom.
Posts: 2,333
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Vanished.....

Quote Originally Posted by wolfracepunto
I agree with losing the post count
Ive come on here recently and mistaken it for a chat room! Threads usually start with a topic that most people can get involved with- thats fine, but after the first couple of pages they turn into a competition of 'who can post the most' between two or three people.
I know what you mean... I just can't be bothered to wade through a thread which is 10 pages long with crappy spam, get a room
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

James M is offline
Old 12-12-2004   #42
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,441
Thanks: 1458
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: Vanished.....

Quote Originally Posted by pghstochaj
me?
why you sad?
__________________
dave is offline
Old 12-12-2004   #43
ben
The Boss
 
ben's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Taipei
Posts: 13,334
Thanks: 390
Blog Entries: 186
Trader Rating: 0
ben has donated!
ben is an honorary friend of the forum :)
King Pong Champion, e+Casino Blackjack Paper Champion, President vs Invaders Champion, Funny Clown vs Balloons Champion, Table Tennis 2.5D Champion
Taiwan 
Re: One idea...

Dont think that's possible....
__________________


my name is ben, i live in the east, i'm always working on the forum, i like pancakes.

MAKE MITTENS FAMOUS - https://www.instagram.com/heymittens/
ben is offline
Old 12-12-2004   #44
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Nottm
Posts: 6,427
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
The Negotiator has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: One idea...

Cheers Dave

I think everybody has something to offer just some can take it too far too often.

I think if this is how it is going to be everybody needs to be aware of fair usage of the forum, especially LL - i was always under the impression that within reason LL was (assuming threads weren't too serious) up for anything. If somebody like me is to be made to feel unwelcome (because my car advice is maybe only once a month or so) I would like it to be said rather than the subject danced around.

If however it is just a problem with people who just post to increase their post counts thats not a problem with me - if people notice I don't even post in the "game" threads which could often be seen to be post increases only and nothing more. I did once for a short period of time earlier this year if somebody wants to get pedantic

I'm not really adding much to this other than a very personal and selfish viewpoint, sorry.
__________________
Now drives: BMW 635d (wow!)
Past:
Renault Laguna Coupe GT 180. Laguna Initiale dci. 52 Megane 1.9dCi, Y-reg Fiat Brava JTD (Pale Blue) (2006), '51 Fiat Brava 80 SX (black) (2006), M-reg UNO (2003-2004)
The Negotiator is offline
Old 12-12-2004   #45
Go on the Fiats!
 
Steven's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 14,831
Thanks: 10
Trader Rating: 8
Steven has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: One idea...

Having thought about it I think this is basically a good thing. If the plan is to punish for crappy posting and reward good posting with reputation that can only be positive for the forum. I think there is a fine balance between posting sh*t and having a laugh. As long as the forum doesn't lose it's friendly feel....

Also, this is going to give the moderators a lot of extra work. For it to work properly every post will have to be read.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Steven is offline
Closed Thread
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump