Register Login
Save up to 15% with Adrian Flux insurance!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2009   #1
Geek of the Week
 
smokeyjoe03's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 2,740
Thanks: 104
Trader Rating: 1
smokeyjoe03 has donated!
Aniki Pingpong Champion, Rat Zapper Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion
United Kingdom 
Fiat Forum Verbal Boxing Ring

Please can we have an add on to the "Spamalot" section that is entirely devoted to letting users argue with each other.

All too often I see threads appear where users are disagreeing with others and a slanging match starts mid-thread.

This can't look good for visitors and prospective members, let alone current members.

Putting it in a seperate section would atleast keep the inevitable bickering to one side where users don't HAVE to be subject to it.

Views anybody?
smokeyjoe03 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 26-06-2009   #2
Status: DEFCON Grumpy
 
custard's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 30,129
Thanks: 495
Trader Rating: 1
custard has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Forum Verbal Boxing Ring

custard is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 26-06-2009   #3
Super LOL!
 
Stu DemonD's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 23,471
Thanks: 426
Trader Rating: 1
Stu DemonD will never be forgotten
Stu DemonD has donated!
Jigsaw: Chess Pieces Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Forum Verbal Boxing Ring

If the thread is in spamalot, then visitors can't view it anyway.

Looks like we will have to clamp down even harder on bickering and flaming
__________________
See you next Tuesday
Stu DemonD is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 26-06-2009   #4
is rather bored
 
Focus Owner's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a house
Posts: 7,466
Thanks: 64
Blog Entries: 2
Trader Rating: 0
Focus Owner has donated!
Wak the Sak Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Forum Verbal Boxing Ring

please no
Focus Owner is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 26-06-2009   #5
Geek of the Week
 
smokeyjoe03's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 2,740
Thanks: 104
Trader Rating: 1
smokeyjoe03 has donated!
Aniki Pingpong Champion, Rat Zapper Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Forum Verbal Boxing Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Stu DemonD View Post
If the thread is in spamalot, then visitors can't view it anyway.

Looks like we will have to clamp down even harder on bickering and flaming
Is that not just another positive towards my idea?
smokeyjoe03 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 26-06-2009   #6
is rather bored
 
Focus Owner's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a house
Posts: 7,466
Thanks: 64
Blog Entries: 2
Trader Rating: 0
Focus Owner has donated!
Wak the Sak Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Forum Verbal Boxing Ring

nope visitors can not see it to begin with
a newly regestered mebers seeing such a thread will see its just an argument

seeing a whole section they will run for the hills
Focus Owner is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 26-06-2009   #7
Super LOL!
 
Stu DemonD's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 23,471
Thanks: 426
Trader Rating: 1
Stu DemonD will never be forgotten
Stu DemonD has donated!
Jigsaw: Chess Pieces Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Forum Verbal Boxing Ring

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjoe03 View Post
Is that not just another positive towards my idea?
No
__________________
See you next Tuesday
Stu DemonD is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 30-06-2009   #8
is back
 
Lolita's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,293
Thanks: 79
Trader Rating: 0
Lolita has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Forum Verbal Boxing Ring

just report silly trolling/flaming to a mod. they delete it and tell whoever (we all know who) off and give them a days ban etc... life continues.
__________________
SMUTDAR AS STANDARD
Lolita is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 30-06-2009   #9
Geek of the Week
 
smokeyjoe03's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 2,740
Thanks: 104
Trader Rating: 1
smokeyjoe03 has donated!
Aniki Pingpong Champion, Rat Zapper Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Forum Verbal Boxing Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
just report silly trolling/flaming to a mod. they delete it and tell whoever (we all know who) off and give them a days ban etc... life continues.
Yes but the reason these users keep getting REPEATED days bans is because when they come back they start where they left off in a new thread.

Having this section would allow the users to vent their frustration away from the forum guests and would give members the option of reading these childish arguments instead of being subjected to them in everday threads.

It would also give Mods less work to do as there would be less obusive spam in serious discussion threads.
smokeyjoe03 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 30-06-2009   #10
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,187
Thanks: 62
Blog Entries: 2
Trader Rating: 0
missey has donated!
The Floks Champion, Bowling Master Champion, Crazy Coins Champion, Easter Egged Champion, Flying Santa Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Frog Mania Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion, Super Diamonds Champion, Super Mario Rampage 2 Champion, Super Mario Rampage 3 Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Whacked Studio Champion, Gift Grab Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Forum Verbal Boxing Ring

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjoe03 View Post

Having this section would allow the users to vent their frustration away from the forum guests and would give members the option of reading these childish arguments instead of being subjected to them in everday threads.
If they took it to pm then that should do job of suggested section.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

missey is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 30-06-2009   #11
Ah. Not good...
 
chaos's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,400
Thanks: 50
Trader Rating: 3
chaos has donated!
League Bowling Champion, Bikini Bounce Champion, Bowling tgfg Champion, Island Bowling Champion, Lawinen Surfer Champion, Missing Link Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Forum Verbal Boxing Ring

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjoe03 View Post
Yes but the reason these users keep getting REPEATED days bans is because when they come back they start where they left off in a new thread.

Having this section would allow the users to vent their frustration away from the forum guests and would give members the option of reading these childish arguments instead of being subjected to them in everday threads.

It would also give Mods less work to do as there would be less obusive spam in serious discussion threads.
That's what PM is for.

Also with vB, I believe you can set a permaban in place if a user gets X separate temporary bans.
__________________
Chaos - Life wouldn't be the same without it.

Cinq parts clearout!
chaos is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 01-07-2009   #12
aka tony
 
grimwau's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,779
Thanks: 374
Trader Rating: 0
grimwau will never be forgotten
grimwau has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Forum Verbal Boxing Ring

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjoe03 View Post
Please can we have an add on to the "Spamalot" section that is entirely devoted to letting users argue with each other.

All too often I see threads appear where users are disagreeing with others and a slanging match starts mid-thread.

This can't look good for visitors and prospective members, let alone current members.

Putting it in a seperate section would atleast keep the inevitable bickering to one side where users don't HAVE to be subject to it.

Views anybody?
The people you are referring to only do it because it is in a public area where they can invoke a response.
__________________
Fiat Abarth 595 Turismo MTA (the one on the right)
Picture taken at the 2013 New Forest Xmas Meet.
grimwau is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 01-07-2009   #13
Status: DEFCON Grumpy
 
custard's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 30,129
Thanks: 495
Trader Rating: 1
custard has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Forum Verbal Boxing Ring

Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
That's what PM is for.

Also with vB, I believe you can set a permaban in place if a user gets X separate temporary bans.
FF runs the infractio points system
so if a temp ban comes via points and then more points it can lead to a life ban
custard is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 01-07-2009   #14
is back
 
Lolita's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,293
Thanks: 79
Trader Rating: 0
Lolita has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Forum Verbal Boxing Ring

Quote Originally Posted by custard View Post
FF runs the infractio points system
so if a temp ban comes via points and then more points it can lead to a life ban
is that like the italian version?
__________________
SMUTDAR AS STANDARD
Lolita is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 01-07-2009   #15
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,454
Thanks: 1458
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Forum Verbal Boxing Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
(we all know who)
yeah custard
__________________
dave is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boxing Day informal gathering ! Panda Van Events 5 26-12-2007 21:17
This reminds me a bit of my boxing day allanhelen Leisure Lounge 0 05-01-2007 22:20
(T) Massive Thanks to this forum ! Punto O-Ring :) Scooterck Punto (Mk2/2b) 1 07-03-2006 00:13
the joys of kick boxing.... christopher watson Leisure Lounge 8 22-07-2005 20:14
Snowy Boxing Day Charlotte Leisure Lounge 25 28-12-2004 01:35