Register Login
FIAT Auto Specialist Team
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2007   #46
Status: DEFCON Grumpy
 
custard's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 30,129
Thanks: 495
Trader Rating: 1
custard has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Small Photography Sub-section

Quote Originally Posted by Bushboy View Post
just had a look in the sat-nav section and how come the only person making new threads is owen?
but we had 4 pages of people saying it was needed? you know rock and a hard place.
i can hardly post in sat nav when i dont have any and as i said no one was really saying it wasnt needed
custard is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-04-2007   #47
Chris
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cheadle, Staffordshire
Posts: 7,688
Thanks: 35
Blog Entries: 16
Trader Rating: 2
Bushboy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Small Photography Sub-section

yeah but it seems to be quite quiet in there with only one person making new threads, obviously it wasn't as needed as people thought it might be. if we have to join a photography site then this is easily available for the sat-nav users too http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/forum/
__________________
Hi!
Bushboy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-04-2007   #48
Chris
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cheadle, Staffordshire
Posts: 7,688
Thanks: 35
Blog Entries: 16
Trader Rating: 2
Bushboy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Small Photography Sub-section

i know for a fact that it wont take longer than 5 minutes to set up this sub section, so i say we trial it for a month see how it goes and if it really isn't popular then just delete it.

Going by what you've said if the sections on here are only there because they are popular then why do we still have a doblo section in the fiat commericals forum, which no one has posted in since it has been set up?

i'm still waiting for a decent reason why we can't have this.

I think that you are forgetting that photography is a long term hobby and everyone is always trying out new techniques to show off. There are only so many problems and updates you can have with the sat-nav before it starts to get boring. Gaming and computers is a long term hobby, hence why that is so popular.
__________________
Hi!
Bushboy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-04-2007   #49
Status: DEFCON Grumpy
 
custard's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 30,129
Thanks: 495
Trader Rating: 1
custard has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Small Photography Sub-section

Quote Originally Posted by Bushboy View Post
i know for a fact that it wont take longer than 5 minutes to set up this sub section, so i say we trial it for a month see how it goes and if it really isn't popular then just delete it.

Going by what you've said if the sections on here are only there because they are popular then why do we still have a doblo section in the fiat commericals forum, which no one has posted in since it has been set up?

i'm still waiting for a decent reason why we can't have this.

I think that you are forgetting that photography is a long term hobby and everyone is always trying out new techniques to show off. There are only so many problems and updates you can have with the sat-nav before it starts to get boring. Gaming and computers is a long term hobby, hence why that is so popular.
chris theres no point looking at what other sections are or are not busy.
the doblo is a fiat car so if someones on looking the sections there.
this thread has run for a day so i hardly think we hav reached the point of a decision?
custard is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-04-2007   #50
Super LOL!
 
Stu DemonD's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 23,471
Thanks: 426
Trader Rating: 1
Stu DemonD will never be forgotten
Stu DemonD has donated!
Jigsaw: Chess Pieces Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: Small Photography Sub-section

Mmm, the Doblo commercial section LINKS to the main Doblo section - there is no commercial forum for it as such - so the fact there is ZERO posts on it is a flawed argument.
__________________
See you next Tuesday
Stu DemonD is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-04-2007   #51
Chris
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cheadle, Staffordshire
Posts: 7,688
Thanks: 35
Blog Entries: 16
Trader Rating: 2
Bushboy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Small Photography Sub-section

well its pretty conclusive that the section wont go ahead, dont you think? None of the mods, except for steve, want it...

Also notice that the people that dont want it are the people that wouldnt use it.

This forum is so single minded. You need to listen to your users, not reject them! The mods shouldnt get a say in whether we get this or not. put it down the the regular users and there isnt a single no
__________________
Hi!
Bushboy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-04-2007   #52
Chris
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cheadle, Staffordshire
Posts: 7,688
Thanks: 35
Blog Entries: 16
Trader Rating: 2
Bushboy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Small Photography Sub-section

Quote Quote:
Mmm, the Doblo commercial section LINKS to the main Doblo section - there is no commercial forum for it as such - so the fact there is ZERO posts on it is a flawed argument.
Well whats the point in having 2 doblo sections then? That waste of space could be our photography section...
__________________
Hi!
Bushboy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-04-2007   #53
Super LOL!
 
Stu DemonD's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 23,471
Thanks: 426
Trader Rating: 1
Stu DemonD will never be forgotten
Stu DemonD has donated!
Jigsaw: Chess Pieces Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: Small Photography Sub-section

Quote Originally Posted by Bushboy View Post
Also notice that the people that dont want it are the people that wouldnt use it.

This forum is so single minded. You need to listen to your users, not reject them! The mods shouldnt get a say in whether we get this or not. put it down the the regular users and there isnt a single no
How do you know I won't use it? you have no idea what cameras I use, or have. Maybe I would use it, maybe not, who are you to say?

And as for single minded - hahahaha - ok, 5 USERS so far - we are listening - get that number up, and who knows - BUT do you really think a new section is going to happen with 5 YES votes? Get a grip

At the end of the day, it is up to Ben whether he wants to add it - show him the interest, that is all I am saying. Good luck
__________________
See you next Tuesday
Stu DemonD is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-04-2007   #54
Super LOL!
 
Stu DemonD's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 23,471
Thanks: 426
Trader Rating: 1
Stu DemonD will never be forgotten
Stu DemonD has donated!
Jigsaw: Chess Pieces Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: Small Photography Sub-section

Quote Originally Posted by Bushboy View Post
Well whats the point in having 2 doblo sections then? That waste of space could be our photography section...
So someone coming on with a COMMERCIAL DOBLO can see it is listed

The fact they end up in the main Doblo section is irrelevant - I don't really see your point, what has this got to do with a photography section.
__________________
See you next Tuesday
Stu DemonD is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-04-2007   #55
Chris
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cheadle, Staffordshire
Posts: 7,688
Thanks: 35
Blog Entries: 16
Trader Rating: 2
Bushboy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Small Photography Sub-section

you wont use it because your too busy using your beloved sat nav section.. oh wait, you dont use that either ...
__________________
Hi!
Bushboy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-04-2007   #56
Status: DEFCON Grumpy
 
custard's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 30,129
Thanks: 495
Trader Rating: 1
custard has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Small Photography Sub-section

Quote Originally Posted by Bushboy View Post
you wont use it because your too busy using your beloved sat nav section.. oh wait, you dont use that either ...
as ive said chris people voted.your self confessed apathy not to post a no vote means you chose not to have an input thus it was created.
so was that wrong?
you seem to feel because you want this it shouldnt follow the same format?
custard is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-04-2007   #57
Super LOL!
 
Stu DemonD's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 23,471
Thanks: 426
Trader Rating: 1
Stu DemonD will never be forgotten
Stu DemonD has donated!
Jigsaw: Chess Pieces Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: Small Photography Sub-section

Quote Originally Posted by Bushboy View Post
you wont use it because your too busy using your beloved sat nav section.. oh wait, you dont use that either ...
WTF are you smoking?

I use my SatNav daily, as part of the Stilo Connect system - threads for that are within the Stilo section.

I have no need for a stand-alone SatNav, hence why I don't post in my 'beloved' sat nav section. Do you want me to? Would that make you happy, fpmsl
__________________
See you next Tuesday
Stu DemonD is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-04-2007   #58
Chris
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cheadle, Staffordshire
Posts: 7,688
Thanks: 35
Blog Entries: 16
Trader Rating: 2
Bushboy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Small Photography Sub-section

Yes, you use it everyday but you feel no need to post about it or ask questions about it do you?

I have no problem with the sat-nav section. Im just using it as an example because it was brought up by someone else further up in this thread. TBH I wouldnt have even noticed it was there if it wasnt mentioned here...

Im not saying we should get a section because I want one, no questions asked. Im just saying that the only reasons we have been given is that 1. its not fiat related and 2. it wont be popular. No.1 is flawed by other sections on the forum and no.2 is a judgement based on a few replies to a thread which has been running for a day and which the only negative comments are from moderators based on points no.1 and no.2 which are both flawed as I have just proven
__________________
Hi!
Bushboy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-04-2007   #59
Super LOL!
 
Stu DemonD's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 23,471
Thanks: 426
Trader Rating: 1
Stu DemonD will never be forgotten
Stu DemonD has donated!
Jigsaw: Chess Pieces Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: Small Photography Sub-section

Quote Originally Posted by Bushboy View Post
Yes, you use it everyday but you feel no need to post about it or ask questions about it do you?
Hmmm, current poll in STILO section re SatNAV:

https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo-tech...ease-read.html

__________________
See you next Tuesday
Stu DemonD is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-04-2007   #60
Status: DEFCON Grumpy
 
custard's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 30,129
Thanks: 495
Trader Rating: 1
custard has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Small Photography Sub-section

Quote Originally Posted by Bushboy View Post
Yes, you use it everyday but you feel no need to post about it or ask questions about it do you?

I have no problem with the sat-nav section. Im just using it as an example because it was brought up by someone else further up in this thread. TBH I wouldnt have even noticed it was there if it wasnt mentioned here...

Im not saying we should get a section because I want one, no questions asked. Im just saying that the only reasons we have been given is that 1. its not fiat related and 2. it wont be popular. No.1 is flawed by other sections on the forum and no.2 is a judgement based on a few replies to a thread which has been running for a day and which the only negative comments are from moderators based on points no.1 and no.2 which are both flawed as I have just proven
no 2 isnt flawed.its unsubstantiated.
honestly you have a thread runnig a day,we have members who are not on for a week or more at a time but are still entitled to an opinion
custard is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(G) Bravo/a Section Steven Bravo / Brava 26 31-01-2007 12:27
(G) Why no Panda section in the classifieds ? Stuartl Panda (Classic) 4 23-11-2006 19:25
Bug Section.... peaster2k Site Ideas 14 13-07-2006 17:11
Members Motors section Bushboy Site Ideas 3 14-01-2004 04:59