A Quick De-badge

Currently reading:
A Quick De-badge

Finally got round to de-badging the rear of my Marea.
'
Got set up with a hot air gun and gently warmed the 'FIAT' badge. A quick go with a wooden spatula and it fell off. The rest of the glue just rubbed off with my thumb.

Then I made the mistake, "This is a doddle" I said as I moved on to the 'MareaHLX' badge. Same as before, warm up, spatula and the badge fell off. More glue left on this time but not concerned rubbed it with my thumb. It also came off easily but this time so did the PAINT!!

The glue and the paint was just a sticky mess behind where the badge had been. Mostly laquer but in some places right down to primer and even bare metal.[:0][xx(]

Don't know why unless the badge had been put onto wet paint[?]

So I spent the rest of the day with one of Jacks kiddie paint brushes and a pot of touch up. Painting mettalic is not the easiest task.;)

If it dries ok it's lacquer time tomorrow.....
....Sod's law [:(!] ...it's just started raining.

banner3.jpg

You should have read the Bravo Guide mate - kettle of boiling water and the badges drop off with the glue, no rubbing ;-)

Alfa Romeo 156 2.4 JTD (210BHP)
Fiat Punto JTD (130BHP)
Fiat Barchetta

http://www.angeltuning.co.uk
http://www.bravo-guide.co.uk THE Fiat Bravo site

That's freaky Dave, glad that never happened to mine, bad luck, hope you get it sorted!

FIAT Stilo Sport. Pretty Much Bog Standard Really. Rear Roof Spoiler,
Sill Protectors, Aluminium Foot Pedals, Eibach 30mm Drop Springs.

I de-badged my car couple of weeks agao, I used a hair dryer, but it took ages - no probs with the badge but the glue was a nightmare. In the end i just got off all the badges and dealt with the glue later. I even boiled a kettle to poured it over the remaining glue but it weren't for budging. My friend removed the badge glue on his van with a paint thinner and immediately washed the area down - preventing the paint to come off, so I cautiously took his advice and finished it on friday. It did work and so far no damage to the paintwork!

looks pretty good dave, how good is the colour match?

you'd never know to look for a difference on such a small panel anyway!

<div align="right">
sig1.gif
</div id="right">

The best thing to remove badge glue in my experience is your Mrs nail varnish remover, does the trick every time! :p

I got a piece of fishing line and ran it down the back of them, they came off nicely, there was a little foam and glue left on the paintwork and this happily came off with overspary remover. (it looks like White Spirit but smells a little strange)

TC. :D

Did you pour hot water over first?

The only one I'd be a little worried about is my dynamic badge which was put on by a bodyshop, they may have used different glue, why I didn't ask them to leave it off I'll never know:I

Stilo TURBO!!!!(diesel)

No, I did it cold, it was no problem whatsoever! ;)

Back