Technical abarth alloys

Currently reading:
Technical abarth alloys

im going to swap my cinq sporting alloys for some sei abarth alloys later on, and was wondering if it would just be a straight swap or would i need different bolts etc... thanks kris

mate do a search, i have these on my cinq and use standard bolts etc, but apparently you're supposed to use stud conversion and 3mm spacers iirc.
Craig

Last edited:
you dont need a stud conversion, but standard sei abarth alloys come with studs and 7mm (i think) front spacers

i have known of people using the original bolts and no spacers without any problems

Well actually there should be about 9 or 10mm spacers to bring the wheels out to the correct offset. (standard desired offset of cinqi is 27 overall, abarth alloys are 36 - so 6mm + standard 3mm spacers sets you back to normal...).

You dont need the stud conversion, however it makes it easier to centralise the wheel on the hub as the central lip on the hub that the wheel used to rest on will no longer be useable after putting on the spacers.

It is possible to run these wheels without spacers and using the original bolts. I did so for a few weeks while waiting for spacers to be delivered. The only problem i had was on full lock, the inner sidewall of the tyre rubbed on the ARB (but im using 185/50 rubber).

Since i have only put on 6mm spacers on the front - so running an offset of 30 overall. This seems to be fine with the wider rubber, fills the arches lovely and absolutely no rubbing what-so-ever (and its lowered 40mm). I put the 3mm ones on the rear just to bring them out a little.

Hope that clears it all up :)

On Sei's you should get a stud conversion with 10mm spacers at front only none on rear so the offset is 26mm front 36 rear.

Standard the car is 3mm spacers so 27.5 front 30.5rear.

i would advise to never reduce the front track of a Cinq always increase it as it will understeer even more.

HTH Aaron.

Kris

Have you seen the abarths for sale in the classifieds?

If they are still for sale, get them quick!

Back